AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ashton's POV

"Shit." I mumble quietly to myself in the dark. Damn jet lag has me wide awake at 3am, so I'm sitting on Ember's couch on Twitter, hoping she stays asleep in the other room and hasn't seen the trending hashtag.

After looking through far too many hateful comments directed towards Emmie I finally find the original post from her last night. It looks like it was shared from her Instagram account which means we have another social media platform to fight off too. I smile at her post though, she's not it in other than one hand resting in my hair like she knows I like. It's of me, asleep on her chest.

Ember Ellis
Jetlag: 1 Ashton: 0. At least he's home where he belongs. 

After half a thought against it, I start typing out my own reply.

Ashton Irwin
@embere96 update, Jetlag: 2 Ashton: 0. Wide awake right now... but glad to be home with you.

I keep scrolling after that, getting more and more worried as the hashtag #Ashditchthebitch keeps showing up. I stop as I see a tweet from Calum, posted less than five minutes ago.

Calum Hood
Words are said. Feelings get hurt. But in the end you don't know the story so don't judge the book by it's over dramatic media personified cover. And don't tweet what you wouldn't say face to face.

I immediately retweet his tweet, logging into the 5sos account instead of my own, retweeting and posting with his tweet.

5 Seconds of Summer
Cal said it all. Hate is not something we want to see in our fam. #disappointedband

"What are you doing, Ash?" I startle as Ember's sleepy voice reaches me.

"Jet lag. I didn't want to wake you up so I came out here." I smile pulling her onto the couch beside me and wrapping her favorite 5sos blanket around us.

"I rolled over to cuddle and you were gone. I didn't like it." She yawns.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm right here." I kiss the top of her head softly.

"Is the hashtag Ash Ditch the Bitch still trending?" She mumbles, seeing Twitter open on my phone.

"You saw that?" I frown.

"Far too many times in five minutes last night yes." She snuggles deeper into my chest.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry they are acting like this."

"I mean. I've been on their side, and it does look like I'm coming between the band from that side even though we know that's not the truth." She sighs, shifting so she can look up at me.

"We'll figure out how to fix this. We won't stand for so much hate, Ember. You didn't do anything wrong, I did."

"The more excuses you use the more they will believe you're trying to hide something. Just let it go. They'll get over it eventually. Just make sure you and Cal show you're friends again, without making it too posed. That will help."

"How are you so smart?" I chuckle brushing my fingers through her hair.

"I am a teacher." She smirks, "And I've been a fan. I never sent hate, but I thought it before. I hate to admit that but I did. I've been on that side, it helps me put things in perspective I guess. Still hurts like hell to read though."

"Make sure you tell me when it gets bad, okay? I don't want you crying in secret over hate. I want to be able to reassure you that you're beautiful, and amazing, and my favorite person, and that I love you, okay?"

"Okay. I'll do my best. Tonight has been the worst so far. I fell asleep crying silently into your chest." She sighs.

"And you didn't wake me up?"