Please & Thank You & Please

Ember's POV

Jade Russo
I would love to grab some
dinner with you Coach!
Thanks for the invite. I'll
see you there at 6.

I smile, mentally checking that item off my list as Paislee and I walk into the lunch café.

"Patti!" Pai giggles as she notices who we are meeting.

"My girls!" Patti stands from her chair to hug me.

"Hi, Patti. Sorry we have been so busy this summer."

"I'm glad. You're young, you should be taking trips and going to music festivals and everything else. But did you move out? Because we haven't seen you two or Zeke in weeks."

"Not officially. We will be back soonish. For a few months." I laugh.

"Good. When you move out to Ashton's place we have to have a going away dinner. And we have to know."

"You will. We've just been spending time with Ash before school starts up again and he leaves for tour and all that."

"As you should be. Also celebrating the custody win this weekend I'm sure."

"Yes. We had a blast in San Diego celebrating that and enjoying the festival and the zoo and everything. Didn't we Pai?"

"Amals! Patti! Amals!" Pai nods.

"Oh, how I've miss having happy little Paislee around all the time." Patti grins at her.

"Actually, I have a huge favor to ask you." I chuckle.

"Ashton wants to take you on a trip before school starts up again doesn't he? Without Pai." She smirks at me.

"Yes. But to do that, I need you to agree to watch Paislee. I can't leave her with anyone else. I would just stress the whole time I was gone if I did. And my family is too far away to take her."

"When?" Her smile is telling me she is amused.

"This week actually... We would bring her by Wednesday night and pick her up Sunday evening. The band is doing some promo work in New York City and have time off too. Ashton asked me to come last night. I know it's super super last minute-" "Ember." She interrupts me, "Bring her by Wednesday evening."

"Wait, really? You guys can do it?"

"Ron is out of town until Friday but Pai and I can hang out until he gets home and then he can play with Paislee too. You've spent every second of her life with her basically. You deserve a break, you deserve to go on this trip. Ron and I spoke about this actually."

"About my trip?"

"About if you ever asked us to watch her for an extended time. We have watched you dedicate your life to her for two and a half years, and we decided no matter what we would change our schedules if you were given the opportunity to take a break. So this is us making it work because you deserve it."

"Are you kidding me, Patti?" I smile softly, my heart feeling full, "I don't deserve you guys at all."

"This weekend actually will be easy. We didn't have plans set, so now we can center ours around Paislee Ann."

"Thank you so much! I'm not sure what to do without her by my side for four days but I'm also excited to have a little break." I chuckle.

"Sleep in, eat your meal as soon as it is given to you, not have sticky spots on all your clothes, enjoy being young for a few days. Enjoy having four kid free days with Ashton, and I mean really enjoy that part."

"I mean, I definitely will." I chuckle, "Hey, you're from back east, is there anywhere in Manhattan you think I need to see?"

"I've spent a fair number of days in Manhattan, but not for years and years. Let Ashton plan things for you guys."