Real Life

Ember's POV

"Look at my sexy little lady getting all ready to go back to work." Ashton is laying in bed watching me get ready for school.

"Why are you awake, babe?" I chuckle, pulling on my blouse.

"The bed is lonely without you. Usually I'm up first, this is weird." He mumbles, his voice still full of sleep.

"It was the same way yesterday. And you better start getting used to it, Ash, tour is so soon now. It will be weeks in separate beds, away from each other."

"I don't want to think about that yet." He pouts.

"Okay, well you're good to drop Pai off at daycare this morning, right?"

"Ya. I'll take the princess to school, but I'll probably be home late. We have interview circuits today and they could take a while."

"I'll pretend I know what that means. And I can pick her up, I just have to be in extra early for the meeting this morning so you dropping her off will be easier."

"We are going to multiple radio stations to pre-record interviews about the song." He chuckles, "And how do I do her hair? I'm not great at that part of dadding."

"Just brush through it, it can stay down today. And make sure she eats some breakfast."

"I know. The hair was my only worry."

"Alright. I better head out so I'm not late. Give Paislee a kiss for me." I grab my shoes, sitting down beside him on the bed to slip them on.

"I love you, Emmie. Good luck today." He curls himself around me quickly.

"I love you too, Ashton. And good luck in your interviews today too." I lean in to kiss him quickly.

"I'll let you know when I'll be home when I know. So you can plan dinner for you and Pai, or for all of us."

"Thanks. I'll see you tonight."

He leans in to kiss me again quickly, "I can't wait to hear all about your second first day back, Em. I'll see you tonight."

***

"Coach Em!" Mia startles me slightly as she runs into my classroom.

"Hi." I chuckle, turning back to my computer, finishing the final touches on my PowerPoint.

"I get you as my teacher for half of the day! And I am so excited for that!" She grins plopping down in the chair beside my desk.

"You're in my humanities class?" I grin.

"Yes. So every B day I get to start the day and end the day with you! Don't get sick of me, okay?"

"Never. How was your summer, Mia?"

"So fun! I can't believe I'm a senior though. This is my last first day of high school!"

"Ya, I remember saying that once. Now look at me, teaching it year after year."

"How was your summer, coach? Have a good break?"

"I did. A lot of fun, part of me didn't want it to end." I chuckle, "Mostly the part that got used to sleeping in until 8am, instead of waking up at 5:30."

"Same. Same." She laughs, "Hey, how's our PaiPai?"

"Growing too fast, and shy as ever." I chuckle, "She'll be around a lot this year. Don't worry about that. She's still lady shark basketball's number one fan."

"Good. It just wouldn't be the same without her."

"No, it wouldn't."

"And you're still happy and dating the drummer guy?"