D.C. Adventure

Ashton's POV

EmberE96

Liked by Sierradeaton, hayhaysmitty, and 38,429 otherEmberE96: Tour bus naps with daddy

EmberE96: Tour bus naps with daddy. Life's getting better day by day for all of us.

AshtonIrwin: I love my princess so much.

I comment quickly before scrolling through some comments, the post is a couple hours old so there's been plenty added.

Lauren_dawkins_: this is the cutest picture!

Anniegirl01: the dad PaiPai deserves.

CalumHood: heart eyes for days.

5sosupdates: glad to see the bruising all healed up, and to see Pai and Ashton relaxed and together.

BabySOSfans: her face looks so much better! Thank you for giving an update, even if it's small.

"Hey, you woke up, sleepyhead." Ember laughs, wandering into the bunks section of the bus.

"Just a minute ago. I liked your post on instagram." I smile, rolling to face her, my bunk about level with her head.

"Figured I should update that life's improving slowly. Plus the picture was too cute not to share." She smirks.

"Are we in D.C. yet?"

"Almost. Abby invited us to dinner tonight. So we have a home cooked meal to look forward to. And she cooks as good as mom does."

"I am so excited for that, and to meet her."

"She's excited to meet you too. Did you have a nice nap?"

"Yeah. I sleep so much better knowing you and Pai are here with me." I nod.

"I wish we could stay forever. But this little trip is definitely helping me relax, and Pai too. She hasn't had any issues with sleeping with you around." She leans against the bunk, running one hand through my messy hair.

"Hey, Cal had an idea about that."

"About what? Paislee's not so great sleeping habits of late?"

"Ya. He thought maybe if she's still sleeping badly after you go home, you could try sleeping at my place for a couple nights. See if it helps her feel safer." I shrug.

"If she goes back to nightmares I'll try it. I'm desperate for some good sleep. Plus maybe sleeping cuddled up in your bed wouldn't be as lonely as I think, maybe it will be comforting to be wrapped in your scent."

"It's always open for you, baby. You're welcome to sleep there every night."

"I'd hate to move in without you there though."

"You already moved in, Emmie. You just moved back out when I left for tour." I chuckle.

"Not officially..." She rolls her eyes at me.