Life is Good

Ashton's POV

"So the fans found some convincing evidence about you and Ember." Michael grins at me as I sit down with him to do some writing.

"That they did, but also we haven't said anything. So, it's sort of like we are in between lying about it and being out there." I laugh.

"They're eating it up though, and I think they like her."

"How could they not, she's amazing." I can't help but grin. "Plus, she has given me a lot of new ideas for songs."

"No sappy love songs, mate, Calum will kill us."

"Not just love songs, some break up, heartache ones too. She has a very unique story and it is great for song writing."

"Hey, can I ask you a question, Ash? Luke told me not to ask but I'm really curious." He sets down his guitar.

"I might not answer, but you can ask." I'm sure he is wondering about the pictures that came out of Emmie and Justin arguing. Luckily they only showed it as a small disagreement, not like my girlfriend was yelling at her ex-husband... The ones of me comforting her after actually were the ones that made fans think it was a real argument.

"Sunday, um, all those photos of Ember arguing with that guy? Is something up that we should know about?"

"We are finding a time to have everyone get together so she can tell you guys the whole story. She's really busy this week and we are gone for a good portion of next week. But yes there is a story behind that guy and what happened. Luke and Sierra know a little bit, I know most. I'm sure there are things she didn't say when she told me the story though."

"Was that Paislee's dad?" He looks nervous asking, like maybe he's overstepping. I hesitate before nodding slightly. "Well at least it didn't look like he was much of a threat. That was the first I've ever seen of angry Ember."

"He's no threat. She hates him, like complete and total hate. I might kind of hate him too though. I've said maybe six words to him. But I kind of hate him for what he did to her. And he did not help himself with that first impression, he was a real ass."

"You've never hated anyone in your whole life, Ash."

"And I never thought I would hate someone, but he's the closest. I've never wanted to hate someone like I want to hate him."

"One more question, Ash. Then I will drop it."

"Okay."

"Do you love her?" He smiles softly.

"I.. I don't know yet." I'm slightly surprised by the question, "It's definitely heading that way. It's different this time, she's different, she's better... I guess maybe. I just want to protect her, from her past and from anymore pain. I want to spend all my free time with her, I couldn't imagine not being in her life, or Paislee's either. They're my girls you know? I tell Pai I love her all the time. I think Emmie secretly loves that I do that. Actually not so secretly, she told Justin, her ex, that Pai had someone who loves her like a dad and that she loves it. She didn't know I overheard until later."

"Okay so the short answer is yes. That would have been plenty, Ash." He's smiling though.

"Shut up, Mike, we've got writing to do."

Ember's POV

"Alright, ladies! Mia, lead cool downs. If you're going to Captain this team next year I need you ready." I yell across the gym when the girls finish their drills.

"Come on, ladies, two lap jog let's go." Mia calls out almost instantly, leading the group.

I wander over to the closet putting away the ball rack and grabbing my phone that had been plugged in for music.