Distractions

Ashton's POV

"Alright, spill." Luke sits down beside me in the dressing room, the others still getting done up for the show.

"About what?"

"Everything that's going through your pretty little head. You've been awfully quiet this week, but not sad quiet like last week. Distracted quiet. What happened the night you were at Ember's place?"

"We talked, well she talked. A lot. She told me about her relationship with Paislee's dad, and it was a lot to deal with. I can't even imagine what she has gone through, and I'm sure she didn't say everything. Just the general story, the most important parts."

"And?"

"I still think I want to see where things go with her. I know her ex is absolutely crazy, and there are parts of her past that make me nervous, but they also make me think maybe she knows what she wants, and she knows how to slow down and think things through. I've been thinking about it all constantly since I left her Friday night. I just, I want to make sure I make the right decision you know."

"You'll make the right decision, you are very thorough in your decision making." He pats my shoulder.

"And you boys will support me no matter what?"

"We always have each other's backs. And if you've thought things through we will stand behind your decision."

"I'm glad I've had a few days on the opposite side of the country to think things through. Give us some space you know."

"Whatever helps. Now come on, we have a show to be part of."

Ember's POV

"This looks amazing, coach Em." I turn from the table I'm organizing to see Sammy walk into the room.

"We had a season worth celebrating. Come in, there's snacks and lots of pictures from the season to look at."

"Coach Em! We miss seeing you everyday!" Jade and Robin come into the room next.

"Then stop by my classroom. Just because the season is over doesn't mean you have to avoid me." I chuckle.

"Good because we have questions for you." Sammy joins the other two, all of them smirking at me.

"Oh? And what are those questions?" I laugh, handing a stack of pictures to one of the assistant coaches who takes them to tack up.

"Did anything happen after Ashton came to that game on Valentine's day?" Jade blurts as she grins.

"Don't deny that he came. He took off that beanie as soon as you two left the gym and we would know that hair anywhere." Robin adds quickly.

"Plus, Pai knew him far too well in that FanStream. She had obviously met him before, she bolted right for him all giggly." Sammy pushes.

"We are friends." I chuckle, these girls could be spies.

"Only friends?" Robin keeps pushing.

"So far. He's in New York right now, and we haven't talked since he left." I shrug.

"But, you two would be adorable together. And he deserves someone like you." Sammy blurts, and then blushes.

"But, it's not up to me is it? Plus, I have Pai which adds a whole other level of complications. And his life adds its own problems so don't get your hopes up."

"We wanted something juicy. Dang it." Jade sighs finally.

"I mean you can say your coach is friends with Ashton Irwin."