The Big Fam

Ashton's POV

"Assy!" Paislee comes bolting through the people in the room and jumps onto my lap.

"Hi, princess, what's up?" I grin at her.

"Owie!" She holds up her fingers, there isn't any visible damage but I kiss them quickly anyway.

"Better?" I grin at her.

"Bedder." She giggles.

"Are you having so much fun with all your little cousins here?" I ask when she doesn't jump down to go play again.

"Fwiends!" She points to the stairs, where all the kids are playing.

"Are you going to miss all your friends when we go home in a couple days?"

"Home? Zeke? Paddi? Sia? Cow?" Her eyes light up.

"You want to go home and see all of them? See Cal and Sierra, and Luke and Crystal, and Mikey?"

"Okay!" She grins. "Find mommy go home?" She starts scanning the room.

"Not yet, Pai." I chuckle, cuddling her into my chest. Tomorrow we will have a party, and see princesses and play with all these cousins, and Friday we will go back to Gramma and Grandpas and then we will go home after we sleep there one more time, okay?"

"Princesses?" I'm pretty sure she missed everything else I said.

"Yeah. Lots of princesses and candy. And then we will go home after."

"Find Cow and Sia?"

"Yes, princess."

I turn as the front door opens, having watched as most people have come into the house. Ember is helping her aunts in the kitchen so I'm staying out of her way. The guy who comes through looks about my age, he's toned and muscular and has dark hair. The girl holding his hand looks nervous and I can definitely relate to that. At least we got here before most of the crowd so I could meet everyone as they arrived.

Ember's POV

"Who is this gorgeous redhead standing in my mama's kitchen." I startle as two strong arms wrap around me from behind, but grin.

"Bronz!" I yell, wiping my hands and turning to hug him.

"Hi, Em." He grins.

"Holy muscles, dude! What happened to my lurp?"

"The Air Force happened. What happened to my shy little Em though? You're all grown up and confident now."

"Life." I shrug.

"Hey, Shi, come here." He turns and pulls a short blonde girl into view.

"Ember, this is Shianne, my girlfriend. Shi, this is Ember, my favorite cousin."

"Oh my gosh, Bronz, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend! It's so nice to meet you, Shi."

"It's nice to meet you too, Ember. He has told me quite a few stories about you. Seems like you're close."

"Well we were, until he left me for the Air Force."

"You went to LA not too long after I went to Texas. Don't blame this all on me. We both got busy. If I remember correctly you have a boyfriend and a kid I haven't met yet." He smirks.

"They are cuddled up in the corner of the couch." I point behind him.

"Well, let me meet them! I have to make sure this guy is better than that prick you dated in high school."

"Oh he is so much better. I promise. Let me wash my hands and I'll introduce you."

"Cool, I gotta say hi to mama anyway. She hasn't met Shi in person yet."