Surprise

"Only a few more hours, Em! I'll see you this afternoon." Ashton's grinning at me as I drive to the school.

"Yep. Just practice and then Jade and I are dropping Pai off and we will be on our way to the airport." I chuckle.

"How is my princess?"

"Hi, daddy!" Pai yells from the back, I turn the phone stand so it can see her.

"Hi, baby!"

"Daddy go Patti house!" Paislee giggles.

"Yeah. You're going to Patti's house so mommy can come see daddy for a couple days."

"Daddy, see Dade!" She giggles again.

"You're going to see Jade?" He gasps, making her giggle even more.

"Pway baww!"

"You're going to go play ball with Jade? That sounds so fun."

"Wook, daddy! Bad fingers awl better!" She lifts her now sock free arm into the camera view.

"Yes it is all better, baby. And you are so strong."

"Oh, um, it's been six weeks. When do you think we should share about her arm? It's not going to stay hidden forever." I ask.

"Soon. I have an interview later. So not that soon, but soon."

"Okay. I mean, she has coped so well, and I don't find it weird anymore. So I'm ready, it's just if you are or not."

"Ya. I mean it's pretty much time. People are still asking, and the longer we wait the worse they will think her problem is. How is the scar on it?"

"Narly. But it healed really well. It just will always be a scar."

"Good. Well, I should go get ready for our busy day. I'll see you this afternoon, baby."

"See you in a few hours. Love you."

"Wove you, daddy!" Pai yells too.

"Love you both. Bye."

"Wook, mommy! Dade!" Paislee yells as I pull into the school parking lot.

"And Sammy." I nod.

"Sammy!" She giggles, as I park next to their car.

"How did you not tell me either! You knew didn't you!?" Sammy bursts as soon as I step out of the car.

"Since the last time you were here." I chuckle, opening the back of the car so Jade can throw her bag in.

"Well, why did you get to know and not me? I'm her best friend!"

"Hey, I didn't know either!"

"Robin!" I gasp, "What are you doing in LA?"

"Hi, coach. We have a game tomorrow. So I came out a day early to see these two and I came on the right day. Finding out Jade got her guy." She smirks, hugging me.

"Not yet." I chuckle, "But tonight for sure."

"Mommy!" Paislee yells from her carseat.

"I'll get her." Jade laughs, opening the door, making Pai squeal.

"Dade! Dade! Wook! Bad fingers awl better!" Pai giggles.

"Whoa! I was forwarded about her new boy but not about Paisles missing an arm." Robin turns to me quickly.

"New found challenges include half an arm missing. She actually has done very well with it. And she loves to tell people her bad fingers went bye bye. And now that they are all better."