Another Year Older, Pt.1

Ember's POV

"Hey, were you following me? Because I can call the cops on you if you're stalking me." Cal jokes as I pull into Ashton's place behind him.

"Oh did you catch me doing that? Shoot better run now." I laugh, helping Paislee out of the car.

"I mean, I hear this is our biggest fan, she must be crazy about us. So I think I'll blame her." He jokes tickling Paislee again and opening the front door.

"You better watch out, Calum Hood, this one's crazy!" I lift Pai up and start chasing him into the house with her. Paislee growling at him as we run towards the living room, making Cal and I both laugh.

"So, I'm guessing the meeting went well, and Paislee is no longer terrified of Calum?" Ashton is smiling at us from the couch as we enter the room.

"She and Cal became friends, yes, and the meeting was great. I really like this lawyer." I grin, "Hey, did you go to my house and steal my dog?" I laugh when I notice Zeke on the floor.

"I made a pitstop on the way home from the airport, yes." He smirks.

"Airport?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean I couldn't make her take a cab out to the house could I?"

"Who-AHH!" I jump turning as someone pinches my sides. "HAYLEE!!" I yell, wrapping her in a hug.

"Happy Birthday, Em!" She laughs hugging me back.

"HayHay! HayHay!" Paislee is pulling at Haylee's leg excitedly.

"What? How? Oh my gosh!" I laugh hugging her again.

"It was all Ashton. He called me last week and asked if I would make the trip for the weekend. He thought you might need me here for a bit." Haylee laughs understanding my jumbled mess of words.

"How did you get her number, Ash?" I turn finally.

"Stole it from your phone last week. Happy Birthday Weekend, Emmie. Haylee is just the first surprise."  He is beaming, knowing he did good.

"I'm Calum, Calum Hood." Cal steps in, holding out a hand to Haylee.

"Oh shit, Right. Haylee, this is Calum, Cal, this is my best friend in the whole world, Haylee." I laugh.

"Nice to meet you, Calum. I sort of already knew who you were though."

"So you're a fan?" Cal smirks.

"Not like Em by any means, but yes. I know your songs and stuff. I can tell Luke and Ashton apart." She shrugs.

"Well that is the only question we ask in the entrance exam to the fandom." Ash laughs.

"I still can't believe you're here, Hay!" I grin.

"Until Sunday evening."

"And next birthday plan!" Ashton jumps up. "You two are going to do some shopping on me. You can decide how much you spend, but get something nice, because I am taking you out for dinner tomorrow night. Haylee is babysitting Pai for you." He tries to hand me a credit card.

"Ashton, I told you no clothes." I whine.

"Birthday present, love. Take it." He laughs, "I want to."

"I'll make her get something. Don't worry." Haylee grins taking the card from him.

"Also that thing Saturday that we discussed. Make sure she's set for that." He turns to Haylee.

"Oh ya. I will." Haylee nods.

"Get yourself something too if you want. And dinner is on me. Now get out of here. I have a fun night planned with Paislee and Zeke. And Cal I guess if he wants to crash."