I Got You

Ember's POV

"Okay that went better than I was afraid it would." I lean back against the seat taking a deep breath.

"He wouldn't stop looking at you, actually more like lusting after you. It made me sick." Ashton looks pissed.

"But he didn't actually talk to us which was huge. And his grandma left me alone too."

"Let's just hope that continues through the reception, Elli." Sam pats my shoulder over the seat.

"I'm praying it does. I'll have plenty of other members of his family asking way too many questions." I sigh, turning on the car.

"At least the pictures are over so I can stay really close now." Ashton reaches across to rest a hand on my thigh as I pull out of the lot.

"Do you need directions, Elli?" Emily asks from the back.

"It's at the Barn at Wheeler, right?"

"Yep."

"I'm good then. I know how to get there. Thanks though." I comment, pulling out of the lot across the road from temple square.

"Hey Ash, why don't you call Annie and check on Paislee?" I can feel how tense he is just from the hand on my leg, and talking to Paislee is sure to calm him down a little bit.

"I'm sure she's fine." He rolls his eyes, knowing what I'm thinking.

"Please, babe. Just check on her for me?" I smile, glancing at him to beg with my eyes slightly.

"Fine." He rolls his eyes but picks up my phone, "Cal sent you a pouty picture with Zeke. He says he misses you."

"Which one of them misses me?"

"He said somebody, trying to mean Zeke, but I bet he meant himself." He chuckles before putting the phone to his ear, calling Annie.

"Okay, Elli, tell us about this team you've been coaching!" Sam leans forward.

"Yes! Coach K mentioned you might be coming to play Mountain Side in the fall." Emily adds.

"I love my team, they are the best girls. Coaching is so hard, but so fun, and so rewarding. One of my seniors last year is headed to Florida, she's playing D1 ball and it was such a proud moment for me when she signed." I grin.

"That is so cool." Sam sighs.

"And we will be up here to play the Grizzlies on November 20th. You all have to come! Emma and Rom too."

"You think the four of us would miss watching you and coach K square off? It's going to be the biggest girls basketball game of the year."

"Annie is going to be the starting point guard for the Grizzlies too. It's going to be so much fun." I nod.

"We will make it to that game. And you can meet baby Liam then." Emily adds.

"Yes! I can't wait for Rom to be a cute little mom." I grin, glancing at Ashton who already looks much more relaxed. I can feel both the girls glance towards him too, and I know they have more questions for me about him than they are willing to admit.

"Oh ya?" Ash grins responding to something Pai is telling him. "You go protect the castle with Cam." He chuckles, "Yes, when we go home we will play with your princesses." Sam nudges my shoulder, smirking at me in the rearview mirror as she listens to him talk to Paislee. "Okay, go catch the bad guy, Pai. I'll sing you your song when mommy and I get back to gramma's okay? Even if you're already sleeping." He chuckles softly, "Ashy loves you too, princess. Bye bye." He ends the call setting the phone in the cupholder.