jimin

Your eyes gloss over as the words float off your screen. You've been doing this for too long. Shutting your phone off to throw it to the side, you release a shaky breath.

It's never easy dating an idol. That much, you knew. But it was so hard to resist his sweet gestures and charms that swept you off your feet that fateful day in the lobby of a local hotel.

He's been very protective over you, doing everything in his power to get the tabloids and haters off your back. You could not be more grateful to be dating someone like him.

He can't do everything, though.

Despite his efforts, the hateful comments on your appearance, relationship, status and other irrelevant topics still reach your broken soul. It's like they'll continue to tear you down no matter how battered and bruised you are.

Jimin doesn't know that you spend sleepless nights reading and wallowing in self hate. He makes you feel special and has the right to believe that you're happy. You couldn't bear it if he were to get mad at his fans. So you shut it all in, using any time you have to yourself to let it all out.

You let your mind wander, keeping your bothered gaze on the spinning ceiling fan. You wouldn't leave him for anything but something keeps whispering that it would be easier without him. While it would be, you'd be more miserable than you are now. The haters would lash out at you for leaving him and you wouldn't have someone to rant to.

You wouldn't leave him even if you were offered all the stars and planets in the sky.

He's more than that.

During this time of deep thought, you close your eyes and silently cry, unaware of the new person entering the room. With a plan to scare you in his mind, he stalks over to the bed and freezes at the sight of tears running down your cheeks.

"B-babe," He stammers, standing still in his spot as you shoot upright and swipe at your eyes.

"J-Jimin, hey!" You smile, sniffling to rid yourself of the extra tears waiting to come out.

He seats himself beside you, wordlessly bringing you in for a hug. Your mind tells you to go for it so you bury your face into his neck and cry. He just rubs your back, feeling his own tears form.

"What's wrong, hm?" He gently asks, playing with the ends of your hair as you calm down.

"I can't deal with the people talking about me. I love you more than anything, Jimin and I won't ever leave you. I'm so thankful for everything you're doing to keep me happy and away from all of this but they still get to me. I just wish it would stop or I just wish I could deal with it better," you ramble, avoiding his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he eventually sighs, "I knew this would happen if we went public but I wanted everyone to know their boundaries with me as I now have you. It would've caused chaos, mistrust, misunderstandings. I didn't want that to happen but it might've been better to go through that than this."

"No," you deny bluntly, cupping his face. "I'm so happy we went public, Jimin. And I'll get over this with you by my side, I know I will. It will take some time to get through this, yes but in the end, it will be worth it."

He smirks knowingly and nods, quickly pulling you in for a quick kiss. You melt into it like you always do, finding comfort in the way his hand slips into yours.

He'll never let go.