4

jin pov

after namjoon leaves i'm left alone to let the events of the day sink in. did that really just happen? am i dreaming? i get pulled out of my thoughts by yoongi sitting next to me.

"hey hyung how was your day?" he asks.

"it was good how was yours?" i reply.

"average."

we sit in silence for a second when we see our driver pull up so we stand up and go into the car. after we're both in the driver starts driving home.

the ride home is done in silence, both yoongi and i being on our phones for the whole trip. when we pull up to our house, we both thank the driver and walk in to see my father talking to his secretary again.

"sir the moon children are dying. we're pushing them too hard. they're the same as humans in almost every way," she says with sorrow filling her voice.

"they're not. they are an extremely dangerous species. we can't have them walking around the streets," he replies causing the lady next to her to sigh.

"sir with all due respect they are the most kindest, forgiving and calmest species. they couldn't even hurt a fly. they didn't choose to come to earth and they're biological parents have no idea what's happening to them. they think they're sending their children here for a better life when in reality they live in fear of getting caught and tested on. it's sick sir. how can humans be allies with some of the most dangerous species of aliens when we can't even accept the most peaceful?" she argues and makes my father sigh.

"let the other countries know and reduce the harshness of the testing," he says and she nods, heading out the door.

yoongi and i stand in shock at what we just heard. did that really just come out of his mouth? the man who says that moon children are so dangerous just said to reduce the testing. it seems like a dream. i tell yoongi to go upstairs and i walk over to my father who currently has his head on the table.

"dad?" i ask and he lifts his head.

"maybe i was wrong about them," he says softly and i rub his back.

"it's not too late. you can stop capturing them, send the ones back to their families that are already in the lab," i suggest and he shakes his head.

"i can't though. they'd never forgive me. the people know that we do the testing but if they really knew what we did to them in those labs, we'd be hated," he replies.

"we'll work something out. maybe try talking to the moon children."

"i might just do that."

______________________________________

this one's a short one but i felt bad for making people wait