15

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE

namjoon pov

"namjoon i can't let you date him. it's bad enough that he-"

"yeah i know it's bad enough that he knows. don't you think i know that? i know that what i've done is probably a huge mistake but for once i want to take a risk. i just want to be normal. i've never had a friend that's through taehyung, i've never been in a relationship, i missed things that are ment to be milestone's for people like going to kindergarten and it sucks. i have to wake up early every morning to hide the true me and that sucks. a lot of things humans take for granted i can't even do and it makes me feel terrible and not normal. jin hyung is the only person in my life that makes me feel normal right now. yeah sure i have you, mum and tae but he's different. he fills that void in my heart that i've always had and i'm not going to let you or mum take him away from me," i say while sobbing. he pulls me into a hug and i cry into his shoulder for a couple of minutes.

"i'm sorry son. i know it's hard and if it were up to me you wouldn't have to deal with what you have to deal with. i'm so incredibly proud of you for what you've done and i hope you always remember that ok? i'm sorry but i really can't let you be with him. imagine what his dad would say? he'd send you straight to the lab and we'd probably never see you again. we can't let you date him because you wont be safe if we do. maybe after andre has confirmed your DNA which is a whole risk in itself but not right now," he replies and i nod, trying to calm down, "you don't deserve this."

"i'm tired," i say after a while and he looks at me weirdly.

"you're never this tired after school, what happened?" he asks worriedly.

"the guy that outed jungkook is hyunjin, like THE hyunjin. he said some things and i punched him," i reply and he looks at me in shock.

"what? namjoon you know how dangerous that is."

"i know i know but you would've done the same. i made a promise to jungkook and it's a promise i don't intend on breaking it."

"are you ok?" he asks and runs a hand through my hair.

"i'm fine i just need to get home," i reply and he nods.

SKIP THIS PART IF SENSITIVE

we wait another 5 minutes for taehyung to come but he never does. it's been about half an hour since school finished and he's normally the first one out. i decide to get out and go look for him. as i re-enter the school i hear a large bang that sounds like someone was thrown up against a locker. i run towards where the sound came from to see taehyung, jimin and jungkook with hyunjin, jimin laying on the ground.

"well well well i have another person to beat up," hyunjin says evilly and the three boys turn to look at me.

"take it out on me just don't hurt them more," i plea and he nods, shooing the other boys away.

"hyung no, yo-"

"i'll be fine tae, i promise. now go and don't wait for me," i say and hug him one last time before he runs off with the other 2 boys.

"cut the crap namjoon, i know you're a moonchild, that punch you gave me was too powerful to be human. i must admit you've done a good job at hiding it. 16 years and no one's found out, it'd be a pity if the government knew," he scoffs and i just stand there, "why don't you show me you're true self bitch."

i decide to just do as i'm told since i'm tired so i take the contacts out and start to take the foundation off. once it's off we walks up to me and grabs my face.

"why are you listening to me huh? i thought you were ment to hate my kind," he remarks and i look down.

"you know for a fact that moon children don't hate anyone. it's impossible for us to do it. you know for a fact that if we win the war, we'll forgive and help your people in a heartbeat," i say softly and he lifts my head up so i'm forced to look into his red, sandy eyes.

"they were right, the king and queen's son is all for tradition," he whispers while caressing my cheek.

"w-what are you doing?" i ask worriedly. it's probably one if his ways of tricking me before he beats the shit out of me. sand stormers are master manipulators so it wouldn't surprise me.

"i think you know what i'm doing joonie," he replies and i cringe at the name he calls me.

"don't call me that."

"why? don't you like it joonie?"

"stop hyunjin, it's not going to work. i don't care what you try on me but i'm not giving into you," i say and his grip tightens on me. he pushes me up against a wall and i yelp at the sudden contact.

"listen to me namjoon. you're currently winning the war which angers my people," he says while running his fingers across my jawline, "i need you to feel the pain that my people are feeling."

"just don't hurt jungkook."

he punches me in the stomach extremely hard and i fall to the ground. he then proceeds to punch and kick me until my skin breaks. my aura gets dimmer and dimmer as the abuse continues and i hold back sobs as i'm in so much pain. he suddenly stops and grabs his bag before grabbing a knife and a jar of something that's glowing. sun crystals. they're basically the sun in a jar. other species use it for medical reasons but it's highly toxic for moon children. he unscrews the lid and dips the knife into the crushed up crystals and walks over to me.

"p-please, please don't," i plea weakly but it falls on deaf ears.

"sorry namjoon, no can do," he says and starts to drag the knife over my body.

i feel an instant burning and i scream out in pain. he covers my mouth to muffle my sounds and continues to run the knife over my body. he then gets ready to stab me but is pushed before he can do so. the person who pushed him starts to beat him up before coming over to me to see of i'm ok. it's seokjin. i smile and start to black out as he lifts me up.

"please hang in there namjoon," i hear before i pass out.