41

namjoon pov

"ok class, today we have a very very special guest," the teacher says to her class. we were on a royal tour and one of the stops was to a school on the dark side of the moon that was being founded by the royal family as the dark side of the moon was the poorest and they wanted to do whatever they could to help the people, "please welcome prince namjoon and seokjin, the aires to the throne."

"hi everyone," i say softly to the kids that were staring in awe. they were all so excited that a member of the royal family had come to visit as they had only seen celebrities on tvs if they could afford to have one and magazines.

"they will be observing us and answering any questions you have so please feel free to ask them anything," she adds, "everyone get back to work."

"prince namjoon, what's it like on earth?" a little girl asks and i crouche down next to her.

"well i have some pictures if you'd like to see," i smile and she gasps with a nod. i get my phone out and starts to show her pictures of seoul, explaining to her what everything was and soon the whole class is surrounding us, looking at the photos.

"i wanna go one day!" a boy exclaims and everyone starts to agree.

"it's better than anything we have here, we can't even buy clothes!" the girl that started it all sighs, "sometimes i wish i was born somewhere else."

"if you study hard enough and get really really good grades you can do whatever you want to
do," i say with a smile, "you can do anything really if you put your mind to it. you're a bright bunch, i can already tell."

"can prince jin teach us korean?" another girl asks and i smile at how she called him a prince, "so we can go?"

"hyung they want you to teach them korean," i explain with a smile.

"i'll try," jin replies and they all cheer when i translate. that's how we ran overtime from teaching the 2nd grade class the basics of korean. by the time we finish, we're an hour over schedule and my royal adviser comes in looking stressed out of his mind.

"your highness we're running an hour late we must get going," he says and we start to say goodbye to the kids, thanking them for having us. we leave the school and head home for coronation practice.

"i could've stayed there all day," i sigh in content, "layla would've loved them."

"she would've," jin chuckles but a look of concern adorns his face when i go silent. i missed the little girl so much and i knew i'd never see her again, "hey i'll look after her, she'll be ok."

"i-i know but i'm going to miss all of you so bad. it doesn't matter what's here for me it isn't where i belong," i whisper, "everyone's saying how i'll be such a good king and that i have nothing to worry about but how can i be a good king if my heart isn't in it? how can i do it when i've been here for not even a day and dowoon is much better for it? he's lived here his whole life hyung. how-"

"stop," jin says softly after cutting me off with a kiss, "i understood some of what you said to those kids and you said you could do anything if you put your mind to it. take your own advise and stop doubting yourself. if you miss us too much you can come back but you could regret not trying. this means a lot to a lot of people and you need to be there for your people. help them pick up the pieces of their planet because your dad can't. baby i know you can do this, i know with all my heart you can do this and you're the only one who doesn't think you can. you are the best thing for these people right now, especially for those kids we just met."

i knew he was right and it gave me hope that i would be fine.