38

author pov

"alright, you guys can take your seatbelts off now," namjoon's mum says with a smile and they do, giggling softly when they start to float. they leave the boys alone and namjoon goes over to his boyfriend, kissing him softly.

"you look hot in that," namjoon smiles and connects their lips, "thank you for coming with me, it makes it less hard."

"i would've never passed on the opportunity," jin whispers and kisses him again, "are you excited though?"

"a little. it was always my dream to see what it was like but i didn't want to move forever," he replies. their stomachs grumble so they go over to a cabinet to look for food, namjoon gasping when he sees chips he always saw ads for, "moon bites! i've always wanted to try these!"

"what are they?" jin asks as namjoon's parents re-enter.

"those are the best snacks on the moon," mr
kim explains and pulls out some other flavours, "try some, you'll love them."

"ok," namjoon says excitedly and opens a bag, eating one and gasping, "it's just like the ad."

"they're really good," jin adds as they eat some more. the ships tv lights up with a video call from someone named dowoon.

"it's your brother," mrs kim smiles and answers the call, "hey angel, we're ok our way home now."

"mum can i please meet him now?" he asks, bouncing in his spot.

"hm i don't know honey, should we let him?" she asks her husband teasingly and he nods, "alright you can meet him."

"yay!" he cheers and they bring the boys over, dowoon getting shy as they were so handsome.

"hi dowoon, i'm namjoon," namjoon smiles and he shyly introduces himself to his older brother, "this is my boyfriend seokjin."

"p-pretty," he whispers and namjoon nods in agreement.

"he called you pretty hyung," namjoon says and jin smiles, thanking the boy on screen as he only knew the basics of the language.

"you guys look so much alike," mr kim says in awe as he looks at his sons. dowoon's baby sitter calls him for dinner so they say goodbye and end the call, all of them sitting down again.

"dad can i ask you something?" namjoon asks and the king nods, "how come you sent me to earth and not him?"

"when your mother got pregnant with him there was rumours of the testing going on so we decided against it and we also regretted sending you down as soon as it happened but we couldn't get you back," he replies, "we're sorry by the way, we didn't realise what would happen."

"it's fine," namjoon smiles and it grows when jin rubs his back, "i met the love of my life because of it."

"joon you have a crumb," jin says softly and wipes it away, namjoon thanking him as his parents look at their phones.

"we're about 10 minutes away now, you can take your suit off if you want jin," she explains and jin thanks her, "if you look out you can see the city."

"woah," namjoon whispers in awe after following his parents to the window. it was so much more beautiful in person and he couldn't believe this was the place he'd be ruling. no matter how beautiful it was though, it still didn't make him want to stay, earth was his home and it always will be. jin joins them after taking his suit off and has the same reaction as namjoon, the older noticing how the boy was a little sad, "w-what if i mess up?"

"you won't joon-ah," the king replies and rubs his son's back, "you'll do great. you'll never be as bad as my dad."

"what did your dad do?" jin asks.

"he was a sand stormer that my grandparents adopted. he tried to destroy the city so he was sent back to mars and i was made king. i think i was 10 then," he explains, "he adopted me to make it seem like he was a moonchild."

"oh," namjoon whispers and looks down.

even though he hated the thought, he was going to try his best at being king.