42

author pov

"wow joonie, you look incredible," jin whispers as he looks at his boyfriend in his coronation suit.

"thank you hyung, you do too," namjoon smiles and kisses him, "it's heavy though."

"it looks heavy," jin replies and there's a knock at the door, dowoon entering and running to his brother.

"look at you! all dressed up fancy," namjoon exclaims while picking his brother up, "jin hyung has to leave afterwards."

"aw why? i want him to stay forever!" he whines in korean. he had picked it up and was completely fluent, speaking it while being around jin.

"i can't dowoonie, my lungs will adapt and then i'll never be allowed to go home," jin says and kisses the side of his head, "we'll see each other again though."

"ok," he replies and then gasps, "oh! mum and dad are waiting downstairs for you both."

"let's go thin," namjoon smiles and the trio walk downstairs together. the theme of the coronation was blue as that was the colour of namjoon's aura, the crown jules being white as there isn't one set colour. his parents gasp as they see them coming downstairs.

"wow," they both says in unison.

"your chariot awaits," a guard says and they all thank him, piling into the chariot and heading to the church and waving to everyone on the way. he gets more and more nervous as they arrive and begin walking out, the current king and queen walking namjoon down the eisle with dowoon and jin hold his train. the white and silver church looked beautiful with the new blue accents from the decorations. he takes his oath and is sprinkled with moon dust. the crown is then taken off of namjoon's dad's head and placed onto namjoon's. it all felt so real to him and as the closing ceremony begins, it hits him that he's the leader of a whole planet.

"wow," namjoon whispers as they head back to the palace for family photos, waving and stopping when there's no more people.

"you ok son?" mr kim asks and namjoon nods looking at his boyfriend, "jin i wish you could stay another day but we've loved having you here."

"thank you for letting me come, it's a beautiful place," jin smiles and shakes his hand, "do you know when he'll be coming back next?"

"there's nothing planned for a while but we never know when something will come up," mrs kim replies as they pull up, "alright, we gotta take photos and then we'll see you off."

"let's go!" dowoon exclaims while jumping out and running into the palace, namjoon's parents following behind and then jin and namjoon. before they walk in, namjoon pulls jin into the tightest hug he could muster, letting his tears fall. it was all too overwhelming for him to handle and he had so much pressure to live up to everyone's expectations and on top of that he was losing the love of his life.

"i-i-i-"

"shh just breathe ok? i'm here," jin whispers but this makes him cry more, "calm down baby, it'll all be ok."

"n-no n-need y-you," he sniffs and wipes his tears away, jin connecting there lips, "n-need y-you p-physically."

"i'll try my best to get back to you. we will see each other again ok?" jin he whispers again, "everything happens for a reason, this'll only make us stronger. it's not goodbye, it's see you later."

"i can't give these people what they want from me hyung, i know i can't," namjoon says softly after he calmed down, "i'm 16 for fucks sake."

"i don't think they want a lot from you. i think just being here is enough for them because they understand how hard it is for you and it was evident today. i saw how you got when that crown was put on your head, your whole demeanour changed. you looked terrified," jin explains while cupping his face, pecking his lips, "just take it one day at a time and you'll be fine."

namjoon thanks him softly and with a final kiss, they enter the palace. they all frown as it was no secret the king had been crying and they all rush to ask if he's ok to which namjoon replies that he is and he wanted to get everything over with. his makeup is done again and they take the photo's, all of them looking amazing in them. as soon as they're done though, jin has to go and namjoon and dowoon get upset as they say goodbye, jin shedding his own tears.

"remember what i said ok? you'll be fine i promise," jin smiles and kisses him like it's the last time they'll ever see each other and it was until god knows when. they don't let go of each other until they absolutely have to and that time arrives way to quick for their liking. he waves goodbye to the family and enters the ship, taking off 3 minutes later.

namjoon was alone and he was so scared, he didn't know if he could do this.