9

namjoon pov

after my win in mario cart, we go down stairs and sit on the couch to watch a movie. we decide to watch 'the notebook' as it's both seokjin's and mine favourite movie.

as we start the movie, my dad gets off the phone with my mum and comes over to us.

"joonie i know you don't want to but your mothers coming home soon and she'll have a fit if she saw you without your protection while jin is here," he says and i sigh.

"can't we just tell her? it hurts when i have to hide everything and it's also exhausting," i whine and he shakes his head.

"namjoon you know how much she worries for you. the fact that he's even here is going to stress her out so much. please? just for me? it's only until we tell her and i honestly don't think she can take it," he pleas and i sigh.

"fine. do you want to see the process hyung?" i ask, looking over to jin and he nods.

we get up and start to walk back up to my room, leaving the movie completely forgotten. when we're back in my room, we go into the bathroom and i start doing my thing.

"how long have you had the foundation?" he asks and i stop for a minute as i try to remember.

"i've had it since i was 8. as soon as my parents got me, my dad started working on something that can cover everything that would give me away. there was a lot of trial and error but he got there eventually. when he heard about jungkook, he hurried to get it done so that he could do everything i missed out on like going to kindergarten and having my own friends that weren't through taehyung. jungkook relied on me because i understood what he was going through and it was good for both of us to know that we were experiencing everything together. i hate myself that he got called out. i promised that i'd look out for him and he promised the same over me and i broke it," i reply on the verge of tears. he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"it's ok, shit happens. i promise you that nothing bad will happen and that you and him will be protected. it sucks how you have to cover everything, it's beautiful. your eyes, your skin, just everything," he says and caresses my cheek.

i blush at the compliment and start the process of covering my skin. i decide to do it lazily since everyone in the house knows about what i am so it doesn't really matter. when i'm done my skin looks normal and the aura that was once around my body has gone. i put my contacts in and turn back to seokjin.

"you said something about exhaustion and pain when you cover everything, what do you mean by that?" jin asks.

"well i don't really understand it myself. it just sort of just happens. i guess since moon children not only get energy from the moon but from the stars as well that we can't get that energy if our aura is covered. since the stars never really go away, it's the only source of energy we have during the day unless we stay up all night in the moonlight. it's dangerous to have your aura covered for more than 24 hours, that's why the foundation only lasts 12 if you don't take it off yourself," i explain and he nods.

"i never knew it was this complex," he replies breathlessly.

"it's also dangerous for us to stay inside for too long, that's probably why the moon children in captivity are dying. they're not getting their energy source," i say and seokjin perks up.

"should i tell andre? he can convince the scientists to let them outside for a couple of hours. that'll help right?" he asks and i nod.

"it should do. moon children need a minimum of 3 hours a day outside but it's recommended to have at least 8. it's like sleep for humans," i reply, "it'll probably make the results for what ever they're studying them for more accurate. what are you studying us for by the way?"