5

namjoon pov

i go to my room and start taking everything off. it sucks that i have to hide what makes me who i am. when i start taking the foundation off i always think about what it'd be like to not have to wear it. i think about what people would say.

as soon as everything is off, my aura starts to shine. throughout everyday i feel exhausted and trapped but as soon as i take it off i feel free and refreshed. it's a euphoric feeling when my aura isn't restricted.

i walk out of the bathroom after putting on comfortable clothes and sit at my desk to do homework. i'm about half way through when i receive a text from an unknown number.

unknown: hey namjoon it's seokjin!

namjoonie: oh hey hyung hru?

seokjinnie hyung: i'm ok, how are you?

namjoonie: im good too. wyd?

seokjinnie hyung: homework.
i'm assuming you're doing the same?

namjoonie: yeah! how'd you
know?

seokjinnie hyung: you're the smartest kid in our grade.

namjoonie: im not really.
there's a lot of other people who are smarter.

seokjinnie hyung: i doubt it.
did you see how many people
were trying the tide pod
challenge last year? it was
a lot.

namjoonie: yeah but that was
a year ago. people change hyung.

seokjinnie hyung: true.
so i was wondering if you'd
like to see a movie on the
weekend?

namjoonie: i'd like that.
what day?

seokjinnie hyung: idk
what day are you free?

namjoonie: is saturday ok?

seokjinnie hyung: yep!
i guess it's a date. i gtg tho
i'll see you tomorrow.

namjoonie: alright bye hyung

i lock my phone and smile. the day seems like it's been a dream. things that i never thought would happen have happened and i'm both grateful and terrified. i need to remember that i have to be mindful of the position i'm in. one little slip up and i'm done for.

i close my books and go downstairs to see my mum and my dad talking. as i reach the ground she stands up.

"what?!" she yells in disbelief and terror, "does he know how dangerous that is?!"

"yes moreen and he's being very cautious. although seokjin is against it he's still technically apart of the government," my dad replies and she sits down again, holding her head in her hands.

"mum? dad?" i call making them both turn towards me, "what's going on?"

"i told her son," my dad replies and i walk over to them.

"i have it planned out mum. i'll be ok i promise," i say and hug her.

she hugs me like she hasn't seen me for 5 years. when she finally pulls away she puts a hand on my cheek and sighs.

"how could they not see how beautiful you all are?" she asks in a whisper and i look down to hide the blush that's creeping onto my face.

"i'm not though," i reply and she shakes her head.

"i beg to differ."