11

namjoon pov

"really?" i say in disbelief while going over to the computer.

"yeah and we were right," he says and i choke on the water i'm drinking, "you're the son of the king and queen."

"you're kidding right?"

"no baby. see?" my mum replies and points at the DNA results. as expected, i'm 100% related to them.

"wait namjoon if you're apart of the royal family, you're automatically safe from the testings," seokjin says and comes up to us, "there's a rule where we're not allowed to capture anyone from the royal family as it can ruin future ties humans may have with moon children."

"wait so does that mean i don't have to cover anything anymore?" i ask and he shrugs.

"if i were you i would as they'd take a while to confirm your relationship but after they have you can," he replies and i stop for a second to let everything sink in.

"is this an actual law? like is he actually safe hyung?" taehyung asks and he nod.

he pulls out his phone and brings up the laws of moon children testing. at the bottom of the laws it has a fine print which is easy to skip over;

"moon children who are desendants of the government of the moon children or the royal family are safe from the testings as it can affect future ties earth may have with moon children. these individuals are encouraged to work with our government to learn more about where they come from."

"wow," i say breathlessly. it's like my wishes have been granted. all i've ever wanted was to live without the fear of being caught and losing everything i know and love, "c-can we let the government know about me? maybe i can make a change, maybe i-"

"what if something backfires namjoon? if i let the government know about you and they don't believe the DNA test and we lose you i'll never forgive myself," mum says and i sigh.

"hyung can't you protect me though if something bad happens?"

"i'm not 100% sure. since you'll be known to all parts of the government it'll be a lot harder," he replies, "if you're 100% sure on this i can get andre to do everything extremely secretively but it's still a huge risk, not only for you but for andre and all the moon children he's protecting."

"i want to but i want you guys to be ok with it too," i say.

"son i want you to do whatever makes you happy," dad says and mum nods.

"same hyung. you've always wanted to be able to leave the house without having to hide who you really are, this is your chance to be able to do that," taehyung adds.

"alright i'll let him know tomorrow then," seokjin says and i thank him, "i wish there was more i could do to stop this all. it's getting through to my dad thank god but i just wish it didn't happen at all."

"you've done so much already seokjin, even just speaking about your views is help enough. as for what you and andre are doing, that's amazing and i'm grateful that there's people with a louder voice that can help make a difference," dad replies and pulls him into a hug.

suddenly, there's a knock at the door. we all freeze as none of us were expecting anyone and i run upstairs, jin following close behind me. i try to remember if i touched anything that would show the glittery light that gets transferred onto anything i touch. mostly everything has been custom made or altered so that it doesn't show up on anything, just in case a government official comes unannounced. we've heard stories of moon children being found because government officials came to houses for something completely unrelated to moon children and the glittery substance had been left on anything they touched, not having enough time to clean it before hiding.