35

author pov

it was namjoon's final full day on earth and he wanted to die. he wasn't ready to rule a whole planet, he was just turning 17! he cuddled further into seokjin as he didn't want to get up, it'd make everything too real. jin starts to stir in his sleep and ends up waking up, smiling down at the precious moonchild under him.

"good morning baby," he whispers and kisses the younger. namjoon groans and hides his face in his neck as tears start to fall, "is everything ok?"

"i-i don't wanna g-go," he whimpers and seokjin sits up with him in his lap. namjoon sobs until he falls asleep. it breaks jin's heart that he's so hurt over it but seokjin would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same. he lets his own tears free as he holds the younger in his arms, hoping that everything is just a bad dream and that namjoon isn't actually leaving him.

"nothing will c-change joonie," he whispers. there's suddenly a knock at namjoon's bedroom door and his dad walks in, heart breaking at the scene. jin smiles sadly as he sees layla. she walks up to them and he hugs her, kissing her cheek.

"i-is joonie really leaving?" she asks sadly and it breaks seokjin's heart. he nods and hugs her tighter with namjoon still in his arms, "will he forget us?"

"of course not petal, and we won't forget about him," he kisses her cheek and she hugs namjoon. he ends up waking up and smiles sadly at the young girl hugging him. he hugs her back and tries to fall back asleep, "joonie i know how much you don't want to get up but you have to."

namjoon sighs and sits up. he really didn't want to go. he wanted to stay and he was willing to do anything to stay. he didn't even realize he was crying until two different sized hands wipe his tears away.

"don't cry joonie," layla whispers and namjoon kisses her cheek. she cuddles up to him while jin holds them both. namjoon didn't want to leave this behind.

"i don't wanna go," namjoon whispers sadly.

"i know you don't babe, i don't want you to go either. let's just try to enjoy today as much as we can," jin tries to lighten the mood but fails as namjoon can sense the pain in his voice. he doesn't want his amazing boyfriend to be hurt by this.

"i just wanna cuddle with you," namjoon whispers as he snuggles further into him.

"let's go eat something first ok? i'm sure this little one's hungry," he says as he tickles layla, causing giggles to erupt from her. he stops his actions and layla runs out of the room and downstairs, "c'mon baby, let's get some food into you."

"c-can you carry m-me?" he asks shyly and jin smiles as he picks the moonchild up. he walks out and downstairs to be met with a sad household. namjoon rests his head against jin's shoulder and sighs sadly, at least he's leaving them with a healthy planet. suddenly namjoon's mum's phone rings and she grabs it while walking out of the room.

jin grabs some cereal for them both and sits down next to him. they eat in silence, no one knowing what to say or how to feel. right as they finish their cereal, namjoon's mum walks in crying.

"what's wrong mum? is everything ok?" namjoon asks worriedly while hugging his mum. she hugs her baby boy tightly before pulling away and cupping his cheeks. she holds his hand and looks at him sadly.

"they want you to go early."