21

namjoon pov

the rest of the night is spent with us explaining things to sejun and getting to know him. he's a cool person that's been through a lot, i feel sorry for him.

"i wonder why your parents didn't tell you any of this stuff," jin wonders out loud.

"i don't think they cared enough. it's fine though, i know it now," he replies.

"hyung you should go to bed, you've had a long day," i say and jin shakes his head.

"what about your leg though?" he asks.

"i'll be fine, it feels better anyway," i reason and he nods.

"ok if you insist. goodnight joonie, goodnight sejun," he says and kisses me before going up the stairs.

"goodnight hyung," we say in unison.

"are you hungry?" i ask the boy next to me and he nods his head.

"a little but if it's too much work i don't have to eat, it's fi-"

"sejun, you're eating. you live here now so don't be afraid to ask about anything ok? moonchild related or not, we'll be here to help," i say as i get up and limp towards the kitchen.

"when i was in the lab, seokjin and i would talk through andre and sometimes even call each other, he'd always talk about how beautiful you were and that he had a crush on you. this was like, when we we're 13, i'm glad he finally got a chance with you," he smiles and i blush at this new information.

"i was the same but i was afraid because he was the presidents son. it was my first year at school and i didn't have any friends besides my brother and jimin. i guess this year i decided to take a risk for once," i say as i cook some food, after i'm done, i put it on a plate and place it in front of him, "here, eat this."

"thank you namjoon," he says with a smile.

"it's all good hyung," i reply when suddenly, the tv turns on.

"breaking news, moon children have escaped the lab tonight and are now among us again. the president is currently thinking about what to do but he has urged citizens to not panic and not to report them. thank you and have a good night."

"no way," i say breathlessly.

"he did it," sejun smiles.

"h-how did it work?" i ask in disbelief that andre pulled it off.

"i-i have no clue," he replies.

suddenly, jin comes down the stairs looking all smart and on the phone, he hangs it up and comes over to us.

"namjoon we have to go to parliament, my dad has looked at your DNA results and wants to see you. sejun you're welcome to come to but don't feel obligated to," he says.

"i-i might just stay here of that's ok," he stutters and we nod.

"of course it's ok. taehyung, jimin and jungkook are upstairs if you need anyone and so are my parents so just ask them if you need anything ok?" i say and he nods.

we go upstairs and i look for the fanciest thing i can find. i find a white button down and a black blazer. i throw them on with black dress pants and shoes and style my hair.

"do i put foundation on?" i ask and he shakes his head.

"they need to know that you're a moonchild. you'll be ok i promise," he replies and i nod.

we walk hand in hand downstairs and out the door and get into the car that was sent to pick us up. as the driver starts to drive, i start to feel anxious, what of something happens and i get sent to the lab? even though the lab isn't operating right now it can still happen. jin notices my nervousness and pulls me into his side, kissing the side of my head.

"everything will be ok love, i promise," he says against my head.

"i hope you're right."

i rest my head on his shoulder as we make our way there. i'be only ever spoken to close friends and family without my foundation and now i had to talk to the most powerful people in the country. we walk in when we arrive and sit down, jin's hand never leaving mine.

"first of all i'd like to apologise to you on behalf of all humans for everything we've done," the president says and jin smiles as his dad finally understood, "and we hope to be able to become allies. we know about the war now and maybe we could help."

"y-you c-can't help, y-you're h-helping t-the s-sandstormers," i stutter and the leader of the sand stormers scoffs.

"stop acting so innocent, you started this all," he says harshly and i shake my head.

"y-you want t-to r-rule the u-universe," i reply and i knew it wasn't the smartest thing to say.

the war was going to come to earth and namjoon was terrified.