36

author pov

"what?!" the whole room shouts in shock.

"i-i can't go early. i had one more day," namjoon says, obviously heartbroken. jin comes to him and wraps his arms around him, letting his own tears fall aswell, "and it wasn't a part of the deal! they said-"

"i know what they said joonie, we all do. there's been an emergency that means you need to go up today and not tomorrow. i tried to talk them out of it, i really did but it was no use. i'm sorry joon," she hugs her son again, not ever wanting to let go.

"h-how long d-do i have l-left?" namjoon mumbles into his mums shoulder.

"3 hours. we'll make it a good 3 hours though," she wipes stray tears from his cheek and kisses his head.

"i-i need to go to the tree first," namjoon whispers and his mum nods.

"be back soon ok?" she kisses his forehead and he grabs jin's hand before leaving. as soon as they're outside, namjoon breaks down in jin's arms.

"it's ok babe,"seokjin whispers while holding the boy and letting tears of his own fall, "we'll be ok."

"i-i c-can't g-go," he sniffs, "t-too h-hard."

"i know baby but i know you'll do amazing. i wish i could be there with you to see how amazing of a leader you're gonna be. you're so strong and kind, they're gonna love you. even though i won't be with you physically, i'll always be in here," jin says while placing his finger where his heart is, "let's hurry so we can cuddle."

they run to the park and enter the tree, smiling when they see how peaceful it is but it still somehow makes namjoon sadder. he'll most likely never see this place again and it was upsetting. he sighs softly as they head to see jun in his office, jin rubbing his back as he knocks on the door. they enter and jun smiles at them, hugging them both but frowning softly when he sees their faces.

"i-i'm leaving today," namjoon says, voice breaking a little as he was upset.

"oh joon," he whispers, hugging the moonchild close. he was heartbroken for the pair as they were sure they'd be together forever and although they weren't breaking up, they were separating and it'll be hard.

he hoped that they could see each other soon and hoped namjoon would be ok.