48

namjoon pov

"i don't wanna leave," dowoon pouts while playing with the ear of his new mickey mouse plushie. i freeze and look over at the pouty 6 year old as this is the last thing i wanted to happen, "i like it here hyung."

"but you gotta go home so that your next adventure can start," i say and crouch down in front of him, "you've been very good on this trip, maybe you can come with me again next time."

"can't we stay for another day?" he asks, desperate to stay but i shake my head and hug him.

"i'm sorry but we have to go dowoonie," i reply and his pout intensifies as he begs me to stay one more day, "i'll call mum and dad but if they say no i'm not arguing with them ok?"

"b-but they always say no to everything," he whispers, tears forming in his eyes, "hyungie please, i never get anything a-and i'll never be back. please i won't ask you for anything ever again just please."

"i'll say something came up ok? don't cry dowoon-ah, hyungie hates it when you cry," i say softly and bring him into my lap, hushing him quietly until he calms down, "when we get home i'll have a chat to them ok? you know they only do it to protect you right? they regret letting me go so they want to protect you from any harm."

"i-i k-know," he replies in a whisper as i text jin's dad to call a fake meeting with me so it makes it look like i have to stay another day. jin comes in and frowns when he sees us, crouching down and rubbing his back.

"hey dowoonie, are you ok bud?" he asks softly and dowoon nods while i explain everything to him, "well i guys we better take you somewhere fun for your last day huh?"

"we could go to the fair," i suggest and jin smiles with a nod, "do you wanna go to the fair?"

"o-ok," he smiles and we freshen up and leave the house. we tell him to stick with us since he could easily get lost on the way there and he nods, gasping softly when we arrive. it's not that busy since the weather wasn't the best and jin and i were grateful. we buy tickets and take him to try cotton candy which he looks at curiously, "what is it?"

"it's cotton candy bud, it's really good," jin replies and he takes some on his hand, smiling brightly when he eats it, "i think he likes it joon."

"i think so too, that's another thing to add to the list of things to bring back," i chuckle while moving his hair out of his eyes. i wipe his hands when he's done and we decide to go on the ferris wheel, dowoon gasping softly as we get higher and higher.

"woah," he whispers as he looks over the edge on jin's side, holding onto the 6 year old
so he doesn't fall. it stops and dowoon smiles more as he sits down and swings his feet ofer the edge of it as he was too short to reach the ground, "big spinny wheel thing is fun!"

"it's called a ferris wheel bubba," i smile softly. he jumps softly when it starts to move again and then giggles, jin and i smiling at each other as he was adorable. we eventually reach the bottom and decide to go on the teacups ride which dowoon thoroughly enjoyed. we then went on every ride dowoon was tall enough for and by the end of the day, the little 6 year old boy was exhausted. i carry him back to the car and buckle him in, getting in the front with jin afterwards as we make our way home and after dowoon falls asleep, i decide to tell jin my plans, "i'm moving back for good once i know my people are well off."

"really?" he asks softly and i nod with a smile, "does anyone know?"

"only you, jun and your dad know but no one else does," i reply, "i told your dad because i felt like he would be able to help me the most since he's the president and all."

"i know baby, do what you feel is the right decision and don't worry about anyone else. you're always doing things for everyone else and it yourself and you deserve to be selfish sometimes," jin smiles and i kiss his cheek softly.

i knew everything would be fine in that moment, i just had to worry about myself.