43

author pov

*6 months later*

"thank you for helping us you highness," a worker says with a bow. namjoon was currently helping light up the dark side of the moon as he had invested a lot of money in helping everyone there.

"please just call me namjoon," he replies as he hooks up the final light, "are you guys ready to see it all lit up?"

"yes!" all the kids exclaim and he flips the switch, everyone gasping as they can see hist his bad everything looked now. it was depressing but at least they had light.

"renovations will start soon and you'll all be given jobs and money to give you stability," he smiles and they hug him, thanking him for everything, "i have to go now but i'll see you all tomorrow."

he waves goodbye to them as he gets in the car, smiling when he sees jin had sent a video of layla calling him dad and jin appa. it warmed namjoon's heart and he wished he could be there. he decides to check if there's any scheduled meetings that he hasn't been told about yet as he missed everyone so much and lucky for him there was in 2 days. they arrive at the palace and namjoon thanks the driver before heading in, going to the throne room to ask his parents a question.

"hey joon, how was it?" mrs kim asks while hugging him.

"it was great, everything's lit up now," namjoon replies with a smile, "i actually came to ask you and dad something."

"i'll get him now, take a seat," she smiles and he thanks her, waiting for her to come back with his dad, "go ahead honey."

"can dowoon come with me to the meeting?" he asks and both parents look at each other worriedly, "he wants to know what it's like and you said he's always had a fixation on earth, it might be good for him. he'll also be able to see jin hyung again and you know how much he misses him and. he can meet layla."

"we'll see how he behaves," mr kim replies and namjoon hugs them both, "go tell him, he'll be so happy."

"thank you so much," namjoon mumbles and he walks out and into dowoon's room where he was practicing korean, "hey do you wanna come with me to earth?"

"w-wait seriously?" dowoon asks and namjoon nods, the boy gasping softly and running into his arms "yes please! i get to see jinnie again!"

"mum and dad said you have to be in your bestest behaviour to be able to go though ok? can you be good?" namjoon asks.

"i'll be the bestest ever!" dowoon exclaims, "does that mean i get to meet layla too?"

"mhm, she likes you a lot. she thinks you two are going to be the bestest of friends," namjoon smiles and he gasps softly. layla has become jin and namjoon's unofficial daughter but they wanted to make it official. namjoon had to be on the planet before any papers could be signed so he'd get to do it too, "she'll become a princess just like how you're a prince when we go there but she won't be able to become a queen."

"she's really pretty," he says and namjoon chuckles with a nod, "when are you and jinnie getting married?"

"i don't know bud, everything's a little complicated at the moment," namjoon sighs softly. jin and namjoon have said on multiple occasions that they wanted to marry each other but they were still so young and weren't ready just yet. they also weren't ready for a child but layla had to be theirs, they were in love with the girl and she had bonded so much because they were the parents her biological parents weren't to her. it's be wrong to take her away from them and jin's dad refused to make it official until namjoon was back.

the rest of the day runs smoothly and before namjoon knows it, he's back helping his people renovate the other side of the moo which doesn't take as long as he thought it would. the place looked a lot better and it was unique and beautiful to look at. he gets back into the car and returns home, only to see dowoon getting scolded for running in the house.

"little star you know that's the biggest rule, you almost fell," she sighs and dowoon looks down.

"d-do i still get to go with hyung?" he asks quietly and she sighs softly while hugging him.

"i'll let it slide just this once because you're excited, just don't tell your dad ok?" she replies and he nods, thanking her quietly, "go pack."

"thank you mama," he smiles and walks upstairs, not wanting to get into trouble again.

namjoon was excited to show his brother his home tomorrow and he just couldn't wait.