14

lmao i'm a bit special and didn't realize that hyunjin was a member from skz so i want to clarify that hyunjin in this story is not the hyunjin from stray kids.

namjoon pov

"seriously?" jin asks in disbelief.

"yeah they talk about him a lot on the news," i reply while pushing myself in front of the line.

"hyung don't worry about me just go?" jungkook pleads and i shake my head.

"it's ok kookie. i made a promise to you didn't i?" i say and he nods, "i'm not letting anything happen to you got it?"

"but hyu-"

"no buts," i cut him off and he stays quiet.

"what are you gonna do namjoon? you're the weakest person here," hyunjin scoffs and i shake my head.

"i'm stronger than you think."

"prove it."

as soon as he finishes talking i punch him and he falls to the ground. the punch shocks everyone, including jungkook.

"h-how did you do that?" hyunjin asks as the punch was done at a force that was humanly impossible.

"you don't need to know how i did it but i suggest you leave jungkook alone unless you want another one, got it? that stands for all of you, if i find out that anyone has done anything to him, i won't hesitate to do the same," i say and everyone nods before running to their classes.

as soon as everyone leaves i flop up against a locker as a sudden wave of exhaustion floods over me. moon children are extremely strong but it uses so much energy to beat someone up as it's against our nature. that moment was the first time i've ever punched someone so it took a lot out of me.

"joon are you ok?" jin asks while hugging me.

"i'm fine hyung it just took a lot out of me," i reply and he nods.

"thank you hyung," jungkook says while hugging me too.

"it's ok kook, i promised you that i'd protect you, i never intend on breaking that promise," i say.

after a while we let jungkook go to class and jin and i sit in the library as we have a free period.

"i thought being violent wasn't in your nature," seokjin says as we sit down on a couch.

"it's not. we're strong when we are but it takes so much out of us. that's the first time i've ever punched someone. it's actually dangerous for us to be dangerous as if we're not careful, we could die from exhaustion," i reply and he lets out a small 'oh'.

"do you want me to tell andre about you? it's an incredible risk that's why i haven't done it yet," he asks and i nod.

he pulls out his phone to text andre and i pull mine out to look at instagram. after he's finished we spend the rest of the hour chilling and talking. the bell goes so we get up and walk to our next class. we see hyunjin on the way and he's forming a pretty dark black eye. maybe i went too hard on him.

the rest of the day goes agonizingly slow and all i want to do is go home and sleep. sleeping doesn't really give me energy but it makes the day go quicker and i desperately need it to be night.

eventually, the final bell rings and we race out the classroom as we know that our rides are here.

"thank you for yesterday hyung, it was fun," i say and hug him when we're outside the school.

"it's ok namjoon and i had fun too, i'll see you tomorrow ok?" jin replies and i nod.

we bid farewell and go to our cars. when i close the door, a sudden wave of sadness washes over me. i guess that's what happens when you part ways with someone you've been with for almost 2 days and have fallen massively for.

"you alright bud? you seem a bit down," dad asks with a hand on my shoulder.

"i think i'm in love with him."