40

author pov

namjoon layed awake that night in jin's arms. he never could sleep in a new place but the thought of being away from home forever without being able to visit his loved ones was the main reason why he was awake. he carefully removes himself from his hyung's arms and goes to the window, sitting down and looking at the country he loved and missed so bad. soon, tears are rolling down his face without him realising and his door is opened and closed, tiny footsteps approaching him. dowoon climbs up onto the windowsill and wipes his hyung's tears away, cuddling into his chest afterwards.

"what are you doing up little star?" namjoon asks softly while playing with his brother's hair.

"can't sleep," he replies. he kisses the top of his head and then looks back down at korea, wondering what everyone was doing right now. his phone buzzes and he pulls it out of his pocket, smiling when he sees taehyung has sent him a picture of everyone.

"i wanna show you something," namjoon smiles and dowoon turns his head to the side. namjoon tells him who everyone is and what they're like and when he's finished, he starts to understand just how hard it would've hit his brother, "you ok?"

"y-yeah hyung, are you ok?" he asks while looking up at him.

"i will be in time," namjoon replies, "i'd love for you to meet them one day, you'd love them."

dowoon nods and soon drifts off to sleep, namjoon deciding to carry him back to his bed and lay down, jin wrapping his arms around both of them. namjoon falls asleep and all 3 of them are awoken by an alarm and panicked voices that scare them all, especially the little 6 year old. he whimpers and cowers into namjoon's chest as the door is opened, 2 very relieved parents coming in. the alarm turns off as they run to their youngest, taking him away from namjoon as they worriedly hug them.

"we thought something happened to you baby," the king says, relief evident in his voice, "how come you weren't in bed?"

"c-couldn't sleep," he replies softly as his parents kiss him, "so i went to hyungie."

"we're sorry for scaring you guys," she apologises and both boys shake their heads.

"it's fine, you were worried," jin smiles and rubs his eyes.

"we'll go get breakfast ready, dowoon do you wanna stay with your hyung's or come with us?" the king asks and dowoon chooses to go with his parents, all of them leaving to the kitchen.

"i couldn't sleep last night," namjoon says and lays back down, "i'm just so stressed hyungie, what if i mess up really badly? i'm 16."

"i'm a phone call away, if you need anyone to reassure you that your doing great with your kingly duties, ring me up," jin says with a smile and namjoon laughs softly, connecting their lips after sighing softly, "c'mon, let's get ready."

the pair get dressed and ready, preparing for the long day ahead of them.