From here, to here (Ben hargreeves x reader)

A/n: This was inspired by a post I saw on tumblr so like yeah, I may attach the post up above, I might not, idk, um this is complete trash but don't judge, I'm writing this at 2 am so hush children. I'll probably rewrite this in the future but like, for now, I'll just leave it. Ummm comment what you think about it, cause that'd be great. I legitimately kind of hate this so much cause It didn't turn out as well as I had planned but you know.... it be like that sometimes, I'm posting it just for the sake of posting it. Please send in requests cause I have no ideas cause my one remaining brain cell is on overload. But yeah enjoy I guess...

Warnings: High levels of angst, and I was half crying as I was writing this but it be like that sometimes so yeah

words: 2421

Ben Hargreeves was my best friend, or at least the only person I could tolerate for long periods of time within the Hargreeves family. My name is number 8, but I am not one of the 7 children Mr Hargreeves adopted. I have my own family, a mother and father who raised me, until the age of 5 when we discovered I had powers. They tried helping me control my powers for years but that did not go well, that was when they had found out about the umbrella academy, they did some research into it, and went to talk to Mr Hargreeves the adoptive father of the 7 umbrella academy kids. My parents made an agreement with Hargreaves where he would help me harness my power and control it, but I had to live in the Hargreeves household. My parents agreed and I was officially enrolled in the umbrella academy at the age of 10. I remember the first day I arrived at the academy.

Flashback:

I was met at the door by a very pretty blond woman who kindly smiled at me and led me inside after I said goodbye to my parents. I waved at them until the door closed behind me and took a deep breath. The kind woman held out her hand and I took it giving it a little shake.

"Hello dear my name is Grace," She said smiling

"H-hello" I replied shyly, pausing as she nodded encouragingly at me to continue "I'm (Y/n)" I finished.

"Well, it's lovely to meet you (y/n), Welcome to the Umbrella Academy, you can leave your bags by the door," She said letting go of my hand, she turned her back to me and started walking towards a big staircase. Meanwhile, I was frozen in place unable to take a step forward. All kinds of worries and thoughts ran through my mind. Thoughts like 'what if they don't like me', and 'what if I'm not good enough and they send me away' and more flooded my brain. Grace looked back at me to see if I was following her and I just looked at her with a frightened look on my face.

She smiled sympathetically, "Come along (y/n), I'm sure the rest of the children will adore you" She comforted me, walking back to offer me her hand to hold. I looked at it nervously before wrapping my fingers around her hand and letting her lead me upstairs. She led me to an office and entered it with me. Sitting inside behind a huge desk was Mr Hargreeves, my caretaker from now on. "Sir, (Y/n) has just been dropped off by her parents" Grace announced.

"excellent!" He said not looking up from his writings "Gather the rest of the children in the living room for a proper introduction to our newest student, I'll be down in a bit" He finished, my heart started beating faster, I wasn't ready to meet so many new people at once, I always had gotten bad anxiety with new people, ever since I was little.

"of course sir" She answered with a nod "come along (y/n) it's time for you to meet the others" She informed me softly, as if she could sense my fear, and gave my hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance. She started walking out the room and back towards the room where I had left my bags. I wouldn't let her hand go. We walked down the grand staircase and I looked at my bags still sitting by the door, I would have to get them later. She kept walking to a large living room type area, with large animal heads mounted on the walls. Large portraits of a group of kids in black domino masks hung above bookshelves and fireplaces, I assumed that was the umbrella academy. Grace stood me in front of the empty fireplace, and let go of my hand. I was about to start panicking that she was going to leave me to introduce myself to the children. However, she returned to my side almost immediately, this time with a bell in her hand. She rang the bell, and I could hear the faint thud of many footsteps from above, and I got nervous again. I quickly fumbled for Grace's hand and gripped it tightly.