CHAPTER EIGHT

Atlanta, Georgia
October 25th,2019

Maci King

It was the weekend again and I actually was looking forward to it

It was the weekend again and I actually was looking forward to it. Roddy told me Nick was out the hospital and he was begging to see the girls, at first I told him no but then Gervonta invited me to one of his fights in Las Vegas and I've always wanted to go there so I put our differences to the side and drop them off. That was the only reason I was allowing him to get the girls this weekend but after that he could forget about it.

I finally moved into my new home in Buckhead so I could be closer to my new store, N & N Apparel. Me and Deontae my business partner, was doing the finishing touches to my living room area. It was gonna be one of the places in my home nobody could hang out in, they could of only stay they ass in the kitchen or the tv room. My home was so beautiful and I was so blessed to make this great investment into myself and mostly for my kids, I did it all for them.

"Damn girl how many times can I sleep over, this shit is so fucking nice," Deontae said while walking around the kitchen

"I knowwwww you could come over as much as you like Pooh you know your like my bestie. So when are you gonna start packing we leave tonight at seven."

"Girl why the hell you would think I'd spend all this time here with you and ain't pack already, I think I'm more excited about this trip than you are HELLO," we both started laughing.

I loved Deontae, he was my gay bestie who I could tell all my secrets too, cry too, and just talk shit all day with him and what made things better was that we ran a company together. My phone started ringing and it was a incoming call from Roddy.

"Hey brother what's sup," I said while placing the phone to my ear.

"This ain't rod it's me Nick I had to use his phone to call you considering you blocked my number and you blocked me off everything else. What I'm calling you about is that I just found out through Jessie that you knew all this time who put a hit on me, like how could you keep that away from me Maci you of all people should know better than to keep that away from me."

My heart was pounding because I really didn't want him knowing I knew but Jessie couldn't keep her mouth shut until we came up with a plan. I walked out of the kitchen taking the call into the T.V room, "look I didn't say anything because I know you probably would of go and do something crazy, I just didn't want you getting hurt again."

"Yeah like you care, even if that was the case I wish you had told me instead of going behind my back and trying to cook up some crazy ass plan that involved my pregnant sister. Are you fucking dumb or you just lost your mind, who tries to kill someone with the help of a pregnant women."

I really wish this nigga could of seen my face because it was at that moment he fucked up, "see this why you was blocked to begin with but maybe I should of told you who did it and let you go and get your ass shot at some more but no I was saving your limp dick ass. You round here wishing for me to do stuff, but guess what I wish you kept your dick to yourself, I wish you would stop picking up these half dead ass hoes to lay down with, I wish you would one day wake up and admit to all the wrong you ever did to me and own up to it. BUT GUESS WHAT BITCH WE CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WISH FOR. I don't care that Jessie ran her big ass mouth and told you but she need to own up to the fact that it was her who came up with that idea and not me. The next time you call me out of my name it ain't gonna be a bullet that hit you in the chest or the legs, I'll make sure your dick don't ever work again for real. Now get the fuck off my phone thinking you could talk to me how the fuck you feel."

It was like every time I thought about giving him the benefit of the doubt he fuck everything up for his self, that phone call made me wanna drive down to his brother's house where he was at and just beat his face in. Nick was becoming disrespectful by the day and that only made me withhold hatred in my heart for him.

"Hey I heard the yelling is everything okay with you girl."

I was in full tears because he would always get the best of me, every time I start to feel good about myself or enjoy my life again he would just swipe that away from me.

"Tae would you be mad at me if I told you I didn't wanna go on the trip any more," I started wiping my face with my shirt.

"Ahh bitch yes the fuck I would be," he cocked his head back making me laugh a little, "listen to me Maci, you are so beautiful you don't even know it. The first time I saw you back in Orlando I couldn't believe how gorgeous you was it made me even wanna rethink my sexual preference and that was a first. I said that to say this, the fact that my gay ass was stunned by your beauty and the man that promised to always love you and protect you didn't realize what he had showed that he didn't value it. You deserve so much more, not some scary ass nigga that's gonna run away during hard times. From what you told me and what I see so far Gervonta is willing to take that place, he calls you about three times in the space of an hour just to tell you how beautiful you are and how he can't wait to make you his girl. Any man that would do something like that for me I would fucking fight every bitch that got any where close to him. Don't let Nick take your happiness away from you because only you have control over that but it's your call if you want him to be in control of it."

"Awwwwwwa you gonna make me cry again, that was so sweet Deontae. You wrote that down didn't you don't lie," I started laughing and holding my stomach, "Can I get a hug please," I said with my arms wide open.

"Umm no bitch not right now but after you go upstairs, pack your shit, call Gervonta and let him know we on our way to the airport. after that you could get as much hugs as you like, thank you."

Just like that I was back to myself all thanks to a friend who was understanding, a friend who took the time to feel what I was going through instead of judging me and giving me some crazy ass advice that possibly would of made me feel even worse about myself. I was thankful we became friends and business partners because we were both prevailing, we was blessed.

I ran upstairs to FaceTime Gervonta letting him know I was packing up so I could head out to the airport, "hey beautiful what's sup."

"Hey handsome I just was letting you know that I bout to head out to the airport, I'll let you know when I get there."

"Ok sounds great thought you was calling to give me some bad news, but I can't wait to see you."

If he only know that I actually did change my mind about this trip. After I ended the call I headed out for the airport, Deontae was so excited and I ain't gonna lie I was too.