CHAPTER TEN

Atlanta,Georgia
October 26th,2019
11:45pm

Nick Breeding

"THEY TOOK MY LITTLE BROTHER FROM ME," I just yelled and cried as my heart broke into a million pieces

"THEY TOOK MY LITTLE BROTHER FROM ME," I just yelled and cried as my heart broke into a million pieces. Getting that call from a old friend of Roddy's telling me my brother got killed. I never thought for a minute that I would have to bury my only brother, as much as we bucked heads he still had my back and never switched on me. He was growing up and turning into the bigger brother;only for him to have his life taken away trying to get revenge for what happened to me.

I just cried into Jessie's chest as we both mourned, tonight she lost her brother and the father of her two kids, "why couldn't it be me Jess, he didn't deserve that, he was trying to change." If it was anybody who should of been the one comforting anyone it should of been me but I couldn't because this gutted every single part of me.

Vanny came walking downstairs into the kitchen where we were, "what's going on, why is everybody crying."

Jessie got up pulling out a chair, "I think you should sit down."

"Okayyyy," she uttered in confusion, "what's going on y'all starting to scare me."

"Tonight, um rod went out and did some things that none of us had any kind of idea he was gonna do, in the process he was killed." She started shaking her head frantically, "No your lying, I just talked to him Jessie NO, NO, please tell me this isn't true, please, please, please, tell me this is a mistake," she got up collapsing to the ground, repeatedly hitting her fist against the floor. "WHY, WHY , WHY, NOT MY BABY."
It tore me apart even more seeing her like that, I couldn't take all that was going on around me. I was now feeling the true experience of death. I was numb and my body was cold, my heart was shredded into a million pieces, I was in doubt, and all I wanted was that moment back before he left out so I could of stopped him from leaving.

I got a text from patch letting me know which hospital to meet him at, so we could identify his body. I didn't even wanna drag none of them down there but I couldn't drive and I needed to get there as soon as I could. "I don't know which one of you want to take me down there to identify the body but we gone have to."

Jessie shook her head, "I can't, I'm sorry but I can't see my bother like that."

"I'll do it, I'll go with you just let me go upstairs and clean up and we can go," Vanny volunteered. I was mad that Jessie didn't volunteer to come because I really didn't want for Vanny to be the one to witness the lifeless body of her fiancé, I don't think I'll be able to control her.

"Why you ain't offer to take me instead, how am I gonna control her when she breaks down," I whispered, "I'm handicapped remember, "I raised my feet that was in casts.

Jessie's phone started ringing, "its Maci," she stared at me.
"Answer it what you looking at me for, she calling you not me," she picked up the phone putting it on speaker.

"Hello, hey um I was trying to call Roddy's phone but he ain't picking up could you try contacting him and tell him that I said goodnight and I got him something for being the best uncle to my babies, and I love him."

Hearing her say that put a deeper hurt inside of me because Roddy and Maci started off as two people who couldn't stand each other, and they grew to love one another, they became like brother and sister, they were inseparable. And it was going to break her heart hearing the news.

I signaled for Jessie to not say anything, because she was where she should be, out enjoying her life like she should and for one of us to take that moment away from her right now wasn't a good idea.

"Okay, umm ahh I'll let him know goodnight," she quickly hanged up the phone on Maci. "Why didn't you let me tell her, she's gonna find out eventually."

"Look I have my reasons ok, before Roddy left he said something to me and those words is gonna stick to me. Maci grew to love rod like her own brother, he stepped in and took my place when I was at my lowest, for us to tell her that after hearing what she said would put that poor girl into a shock she probably wouldn't get out of, she been through enough and I think we should just let this one play by air."

Vanny came walking back into the kitchen, dressed in a Nike sweats, "ok you ready to go."

I just let out a big sigh because I really and truly wasn't ready, if I had to be the one who's gonna hold her up, who was gonna be there for me.

The car ride was nothing out sniffling from Vanny, all I could've of done was rub her back to comfort her. We finally pulled up to the hospital where patch said he brought Roddy. As soon as we walked in the hospital, walking off the elevator we was met with patch. He dapped me up, "I'm sorry mayne, everything happened so fast I tried my best to bring him here quickly."

"I know, I know, umm this is Roddy's fiancé, Vanny," he put his hand out shaking hers, "my condolences I'm sorry about rod that nigga was a good man trying to do right."

"where is he at," Vanny wasted no time getting to the point. He signaled for us to follow him where we was brought to one of the nurses who then took us into the theater where they tried to bring him back. The room was a total mess, my brother's blood covered the sheets that was on the table they had his body on, with another sheet that was covering his body.

As soon as the nurse removed the covers there he was, Vanny turned around burying her head into my neck, I felt nothing but the wetness from her tears and weeping in my ears. "Let it out sis I know, I know we are all hurting right now," she got up running outside into the lobby holding her mouth as if she was about to throw up. I guess her seeing a dead body was to much for her to handle, especially it being her fiancé.

"Can you cover it back up now," I started wheeling myself out of the room but the nurse called back for me, "wait don't you wanna see the other body." I was confuse as to what other body. "Other body, what other body."

"It was a female, witness said that she was the one who pulled the trigger killing your brother."

"SHE, run that by me again, did you just say she."
I was more lost than a mutherfucker because ain't nobody never told me that the person who killed my brother was already dead.

The nurse escorted us into the other room, when she removed the covers from over the body, my body automatically jerked back and my eyes bulged out.
"Toya," was all I could of gotten out to say, I was for a lost of words. Especially to know that it was her who killed my brother after he basically commended her for doing such a grown thing today, I couldn't believe it.