CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Atlanta, Georgia
November 2nd, 2019

Nick Breeding

"That service was nice," My grandmother Diana said while walking in the door as we all got back from the barrel site

"That service was nice," My grandmother Diana said while walking in the door as we all got back from the barrel site. Roddy's home going service was beautiful the message that was passed was well spoken and understood. My brother had the whole of Atlanta showed out, my grandmother came down from New York just for him and I was happy because he deserved the love. He had his ways but when it came to giving back and his support with anything for anybody, you could of count on that.

KNOCK!, KNOCK! I turned back around to open the door just to be greeted by Maci who was struggling to carry the two car seats in her hand which I took from her. If she came here to start her drama or try having a conversation about what happened yesterday I really wasn't into it because neither was it not the right time but it wasn't the right place either.

"Hey everybody," she bend down giving my grandma a hug, "Hey grandma Diana how are you doing, last time I saw you was for Nikita's christening so happy to have you back but it's so unfortunate it had to be this way."
"Yeah sweetie I can't agree with you more but he is resting now and I am ok to hear all the good things he's done before he left. Aww look at my grand babies growing up so fast," I brushed in between Maci taking Nikita out of the car seat and placing her on the blanket I laid on the mat for them.

 Aww look at my grand babies growing up so fast," I brushed in between Maci taking Nikita out of the car seat and placing her on the blanket I laid on the mat for them

Maci started following behind me "I wasn't ready for her to come outta the car seat yet, I only came for them to see grandma Diana and we was leaving."

I went back over trying to take Nichole out of the car seat but she pushed my hands off. "So you just gonna pretend like you ain't hear me."
"LOOK," I turned around taking in the stern look my grandmother was giving me. I really didn't want to bring any of this drama in front of her but Maci was really pushing it. "Come with me upstairs in the office, I wanna have a quick word with you. Grandma can you keep an eye on them quick for me please."

With her heels clicking against the marble tiles as we made our way to the stairs heading for the office, just mumbling away under her breath. When I opened it I stepped to the side for her to walk in first, shutting the door behind me.

I leaned in on the arms of the chair Maci was sitting in, "You know what I don't understand is this, my brother haven't been in the ground long enough for you to come over here trying to start some bullshit with me and to be honest with you right now I'm not even on it today, or any other day."

"I'm starting bullshit," she pointed at her chest, "ok since you wanna say it's me ok then it's me."

I don't know if it's the way she said it or the look on her face but it made me go soft on her. "What is it you want from me girl."

"Oh I'm girl now, ok ight cool."

I raised up off the chair putting my face in my hand at how aggravated I was becoming with this girl. "Yo what the fuck you mean if it's girl, I been calling you that and now all of a sudden you wanna get mad about it. You just pissed off at the fact that I'm actually doing what you thought you believe you wanted and you can't accept it. Well lemme tell you I think I am ready to move on and like you say me and you," I motioned my hands between us. "We ain't good for each other, we not bringing any happiness to each other and after being in the situation I put myself in yesterday it made me notice that."

"Ok," she started walking to the door and leaving out. I couldn't wrap my head around her response but something was telling me she didn't mean what she say. I left out of the office locking it behind me going down the stairs, by time as I got there Maci was packing up both of the car seat in her car.

"Nicolas Breeding, What the hell did you say to that girl to make her move so fast like that. I hope you didn't threaten her or anything because if you did I would beat yo ass." I just chuckled at my grandma's response. "You know that ain't my style no more, but I did tell her something that she ain't wanna hear. I'll go talk to her because if she leave upset like that only God one knows what she capable of doing."

I ran outside to her car as she was about to hop in, pulling her by the wrist. "Maci wait, why you leaving already. I think the girls should stay with their Nana considering she's only here for the weekend."

She only look at my hands that was still resting on her wrist, "You should move your hands, plus if your grandmother wanted to spend time with them she would of said something to my when I was packing them up to leave."

"Y'all come back inside and bring my grand babies, I need to have a word with you two." I guess Maci spoke to fast because she was right on schedule. I didn't know what it was she had to say but I hope it was something to get Maci to stop overreacting. I brought both car seats back in the house leaving Maci to lock up her car and come back inside.

"Ok have a seat, now I ain't been here a full day and I already witness every thing Jessie has told me about you two," me and Maci both shot our heads in Jessie's direction. "No, no don't look at her like that because she has every right to be concerned about y'alls relationship." She turned to Maci, "Baby girl you are so beautiful and I do agree with you when you say that you deserve so much more than what Nick give you but how do you expect to get more, and get him to respect your values if you continue to lower them after preaching to him that you want more or how you wanna be with someone who respects you. That will never happen as long and you keep sneaking in here to open your legs up to the man you keep telling you gone leave alone for good."

She then turns to me, "just as much as she's using you for her personal pleasures you ain't no different. I tried my best to bring you and your brother up to respect women, it took Rod along time but he got it eventually. What changed you?, and why the sudden change?, was it because of the second kid."

I cut her off, "No it's never."

"Boy don't you ever interrupt me when I'm talking to you, this is just what I'm talking about right here, what you lost your respect for me too?"

"No ma'am, it's just that she,"

"It's just that she nothing, boy you have to stop finding excuses for all your wrong doings, just admit to when your wrong. I heard about how you told your new lady Maci is not that child's mother. If it was me I would of beat yo ass then beat that girl ass for repeating that dumb ass shit you told her."

Maci's phone started ringing, "Hey Gervonta can I call you back I'm in the middle of something, Ok baby bye."

I turned my head into her direction giving her a stare as if I was disgusted with her, "you didn't have to hang up, could of just finish your call outside."

"Excuse me, nigga don't even start because this ain't even your business that's why I don't bring it here."

"See what you fail to understand is that no matter what you is my business." I was so upset that I didn't even realize what I was saying, my grandmother had her hand over her mouth as she was shock to see what was going on right in front of her.

"Miss Diana it was so good to see you and I appreciate that you wanna try and help this dysfunctional mess but it's unfixable. I'll be back to pick up the girls later just so you could spend some time with them, but right now I don't think it's best I stay here," she got up from the chair kissing the girls bye and walking out the door.

My grandmother just stood up from the chair in front of me, looking at me with disappointment falling from her face. "Y'all need some mother fucking help."

"WHAT!" I think everybody who was in that house sang together. I couldn't believe I made my grandmother curse, because she don't even curse.