CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Atlanta, GA
November 28th, 2019

Jessie Breeding

It was Thanksgiving and everybody was coming over to my place for dinner because this year was my turn to cook

It was Thanksgiving and everybody was coming over to my place for dinner because this year was my turn to cook. I really wish I knew how much work this was gonna be before I agreed on cooking, I had asked Maci to come over to help me but she was taking forever and I was nearly done.

Since I've gotten that package from Kendal I never touched it, it's like I'm terrified to go back and open it. Even Cas came back again but I decided to let him in and hear what he had to say because it was clear to me that he wasn't gonna give up. He had told me that all he really wanna do is look after my son and protect us but I told him I was fine and my son is too because his brother wasn't even in Nathan's life that long. Besides, I really didn't want anybody who was apart of that fast lifestyle around us. I know I'm crazy but I still told him he could check in from time to time but that was it, I even invited him to our Thanksgiving dinner seen as it's at my house and I could do whatever I wanna do here.

Vanny was able to get enough blood to help with her condition and now her and the babies are doing much better. She's still trying to convince me that it was Roddy who hit her in the head but I think she's talking crazy.

DING, DONG!

"Damn, it's about time she got here," I said to myself. I thought that girl got lost how long she was taking.

"Girl I thought you were lost, oh hey your early, Umm come in." It was Cas, he even brought some flowers with him which I thought was really beautiful and nice of him to do. He was looking real nice too, probably why I almost forgot how to speak when I answered the door. He was a flashy dude but I was cool with that cause I didn't have any intentions on ever talking with him on that kind of level, I wasn't in that space right now to be doing that.

"Well like I told you before my brother is gonna ask who you are, remember just say who you really are and leave it at that. If you get uncomfortable at any point and I notice I am gonna stop him from questioning you." I tried coaching him on what to say and how to act before my family got here, especially dealing with Nick, he could get so crazy at times it's unbelievable.

He took a seat down on my stairs, "I ain't gonna embarrass you if that's what you think aight, now where's Nathan? How come I ain't see him running around here

He took a seat down on my stairs, "I ain't gonna embarrass you if that's what you think aight, now where's Nathan? How come I ain't see him running around here."

I got lost in his appearance, and oh my gosh he smelled so nice. My pregnancy had my hormones all over the damn place and it was becoming a concern for me because I really didn't wanna end up fucking him.

"Hi, hello, I'm talking to you Jess where is your mind right now?" He said while snapping his fingers in my face.

"Alright alright I hear you, he's taking a nap which reminds me I need to wake him up before everybody gets here," I playfully kicked his feet while going up the stairs.

"No, no, no GET AWAY FROM HIM." Nathan was still fast asleep in his room while somebody was hovering over him. I really couldn't make out as to who it was because they had on a hoodie. "Please whoever you are just leave before I call the police and I'm sure you don't want me doing that."

The person turned around, revealing who he was, I just couldn't believe it. "Vanny was telling the truth all along, " I ran back to the door, slowly shutting it so that Cas didn't hear us talking.
"Roddy, why the fuck would you do that to us, why would you hurt us like that," I started punching him in his chest and crying historically. I started to feel like the day we found out he got killed all over again, my body was weak, and I was getting sick to my stomach.

"I know Jess, I know, but you have to listen to me okay. I did this to protect you guys, my past was haunting me, and they were trying to get y'all involved too and I wasn't having that. That night we went after Kendal I set the entire thing up, patch knew he helped me out with it but me getting shot from Toya was not apart of the plan. I paid an old time friend to pretend to be a nurse and made it seem like I was dead, I'm sorry I know that's fucked up but I did it to protect y'all.

"So why come back now? Why did you hit Vanny like that you could've killed her and the babies."

"hold up WHAT, she's pregnant? Oh my God, you for real," he started laughing and throwing his hands up to the sky almost waking Nathan up.

"Keep it down, yeah she is but why the fuck you had to hit her. I'm sure she wasn't gonna tell had you guys sit down and talk and you told her what you just said to me. Now I feel really bad because I told her she was crazy for saying that, DAMN RODDY."

Nathan started shuffling in his sleep, it was obvious he was waking up. "Look what you made me do, you lucky I was gonna wake him up otherwise you weren't gonna have to keep pretending your dead."

"Uncle," Nathan said in his baby voice. I really wish he hadn't seen him because he was gonna eventually ask about him again.
Roddy reached out for him taking him out my hand. "How long you gonna keep doing this, Maci told me that somebody went and dig your grave site up, was it you?"

"Honestly it was, I just didn't think the police was gonna get involved. I just thought that one of the security officers would call Nick or you and tell one of y'all to come there but his stupid ass called the cops."

We both started laughing, it was a nightmare after all.

"Big bro I'm so happy to have to back, I don't think you really understand. I would always cry myself to sleep because I was gonna have to go through this pregnancy alone. Nick and I cool but we're not like how you and I were."

"Wow, congrats I'm getting another niece or nephew huh." He started rubbing on my stomach. "Listen I ain't gone ever leave you okay even when you thought I did I came back didn't I.

I was one big cry baby, tears were slowly streaming down my face as we talked. "Actually you got two nieces or nephews on the way."

"Hold up you got twins on the way too, damn that's crazy."

"No Maci's pregnant, we just found out a few weeks ago when we went six flags for Nats birthday. Nick spilled the tea accidentally, it was obvious she didn't want us knowing."

DING, DONG!

"Oh shit, yeah I forget to mention that this year we're having Thanksgiving dinner at my house."

"shit so that means I have to go huh? Damn, why can't I stay up here until they go, plus I really would love to have a home cook meal, " he started rubbing his stomach as if he was imagining how the food would taste.

"Okay I'll do my best with trying to keep everybody downstairs but I can't promise you much. Plus it won't be me who gone talk it, your little nephew speaks clearly now so he might just rat you out, uncle."