CHAPTER TWENTY

Atlanta, GA
November 14th, 2019
8:00pm

Nick B

I decided to pay Angel a surprise visit tonight after I left the shop, I wanted to hear it from her what went down and if she really had something to do with it

I decided to pay Angel a surprise visit tonight after I left the shop, I wanted to hear it from her what went down and if she really had something to do with it. When I pulled up a strange vehicle was parked in the other vacant spot so I parked my car on the sidewalk. As soon as I was about to knock on the door two guys came walking out, "What the fuck." I just stepped to the side while they both looked me up and down.
This was pure evidence that it was her, nobody couldn't tell me these weren't the same two dudes from the surveillance video the cops showed me.

"Oh hey baby, I ah didn't know you were coming you should have called me." She had this look on her face as if I caught her doing something she shouldn't even be doing.

"Yeah I'm sure but this gone be quick, who them niggas is?" I asked while still standing outside on her porch.

She was stunned, couldn't even put no words together, "They um, they, they"

"They, they, they what the fuck happen you can't talk now I ask who them niggas cause you got them up in your spot being really fucking familiar so who are they." I started walking inside as she walked backward, almost as if she wanted to make a run for it. "So how come I ain't heard from you most of the day huh? No text, no calls, what's going on with you ma?"

"I was busy trying to take care of some things with work, you know how it is right?"

This girl was trying her very best to keep me from knocking her upside her head but I was gonna make this visit real quick. "Look I ain't trying to stay here long I just got one question for you then I'm out. They the same niggas you had break into Maci's shop and tore it up, I'm asking you only once so don't even try lie to me."

She just stood in front of me and fiddle with her fingers, "ok the two guys are my big brothers I did hire them to shake up her store a little I didn't know they were gonna go that hard. Whatever I could do to fix it I'll do it, Nick I'm sorry." She got down on her knees in front of me, just begging for my forgiveness.

"Get up off the floor you making yourself look really dumb right now, to be honest, you can't come back from this one because Maci came and apologize to you after that fight, I hit that girl trying to defend your black ass but you still went ahead and took matters into your own hands. At the end of the day, I'm putting right where right belongs and Angel you flat out wrong for what you did because you don't know what she went through to get where she is today, but people like me and you continue to pull her down and send her five hundred steps back. Me and you are done, I don't want anything to do with you so don't even try."

Hearing her actually confess hurt me to the core because just like Maci's pretty innocent face I judged her based off of that. She had me fooled, and now I was left to clean up all the mess she created.

I left her in that same spot she was kneeling down in, I didn't care if she was chasing after me or not because when I walked away I made sure leave any kind of feelings I held for her behind. I jumped into my car and headed to Maci's place before she left for her trip this weekend, I just wanted to apologize for being such an asshole to her and I never really got to apologize for hitting her that day. When I pulled up she was getting ready to put her luggage inside of her truck, so I put my car in park and ran to her rescue.

"Hey I got it, damn this shit heavy what you moving out and ain't tell me nothing."

She just turned her head and laughed in the opposite direction. "You are so crazy, no I got business to handle as well so I just wanted to be fully prepared. Anyways what brought you on this side of town I thought you might have been back to pick up the girls by now."

I ain't even gonna lie she was looking so fine and she wasn't even dressed up. Her jeans hugged her curves, and seeing her in sneakers was something she knows I loved, I just was so lost in her that I even forget what she was saying to the point I tuned her out.

"Nick, boy did you hear anything I had to say."

"Mai, I just came by to apologize for all the wrong I've done to you and I know that you probably saying your so sick and tired of these apologies when I turn around and hurt you again and again. It took me to this point for me to realize I lost out on a great woman and I think that would be my biggest regret I'll have to live with. I fucked up big when I put my hands on you that day outside the shop, I don't know what got into me but I promise you I'm going to get some professional help especially for the sake of me and you. I ain't giving up on you Maci King and I mean that you and homeboy could go and enjoy your lil trip or whatever but one day before this year is up, I'm going to have you right back here with me where you belong but first I'm going to fix the bigger issue and that's me."

It was like my words froze her in time because she just stood there with nothing to say but I didn't care I just was so happy of the fact that I got what I wanted to say to her out. "I'll leave you to it just be safe aight," I started walking towards my car until the words I never thought I'd hear from Maci anytime soon bounced off her lips.

"Nick I'm pregnant."

I'm not gonna lie in the back of my mind I had so many questions but my biggest one was if it was mined. "Wait, you what? Is it" before I could get my question out good she stopped me.

"Don't even ask me that because you know better, of course, it's yours. I ain't been fucking Gervonta unprotected so I know it's yours."

I just lifted her up off her feet and spun her around, "So you still think I'm gonna let you go on that trip with that nigga after you just told me that."

"Nick no just let me go and handle it with him, I think this trip is perfect for me to end things with him. Please just be understanding, please."

I just sighed because I really didn't want her around that fool now, she was carrying my baby again and I didn't want him to sweet talk her and then be with her, not with my seed inside of her. "Ok, you could go but let him know what's sup because if you don't then I will. I'm tired of having a broken home I want me you and the girls back together, I wanna be married to you girl and hearing your pregnant again shows me that we belong together." I kissed her on the forehead and embraced her in my arms, I missed this, I missed her. "I love you so much and I never stopped loving you baby."