chapter 26

The group walked into the room and looked around hesitantly and carefully. it was dark in the room.

"M-Mathias?" Artimis calls out.

Large eyes stared at them through the darkness scaring the ever loving crap out of them.

Wendy shrieked in alarm.

Natsu used his flame to produce light. when that happened lights all around the room lit.

"whoa" they all looked around the room. It was large and the design of the room was mid-evil like a cave.

A large green dragon stood there staring down at them.

They all let out a scream.

"Not again!!!!" Wendy yelped loudly as she began shaking.

Artimis looked up at the large dragon.

"What do you want humans" the dragon, Mathias, growled looking down at them.

"I-we came to ask you about...some dragons" Artimis said nervously.

"oh...then I guess coming to me would be the smart thing to do" Mathias replied amused laying down and putting his head down on his front arms crossing them so that one claw was overlapping the other.

"just what would you like to know?" Mathias asked.

"do you know a dragon named Igneel?" Natsu asked quickly jumping at the chance to learn any information about his father.

"Or a dragon named Grandeena?" Wendy asked shyly.

"or Metalicana" Gajeel asked in a rough growl.

"how exactly do you know my brethren?" Mathias asked curiously.

"they raised us" Wendy replied looking up at the large dragon unable to hide the sadness in her voice.

Mathias watched them for a long time and sighed. "I knew them. mind you I did not live like the rest of them. I met them far after I was grown" He explained. "I grew up here in the palace. but once in a while I leave to stretch my wings. I met them when I was on one of my outings. I remember my sister Artica had mentioned them before I had met them so I knew who they were." Mathias explained.

Artimis looked up. "artica?" she asked alarmed.

"Artica like me grew up here at the palace. She flown the coop long ago though. she had grown restless and left. she would come back from time to time to tell me things about her adventures and visit the humans who live here" Mathias said.

"do you know what happened to the dragons?" Laxus asked curiously.

"yeah they all disappeared seven years ago" Gajeel added.

"they told me of what they were planning. I refused to be apart of it though" Mathias replied.

"why did you refuse?" Gray asked curiously.