Chapter 29

The recovery was a bitch. Artimis is said in the medical on a bed for three days unable to leave or do anything on her own. In reality, she couldn't anyway. she was far too weak to get out of bed. she had woken up with a fever the day after her trip to free Ice from her prison.

She watched as Scorpius and a couple of other people blocked Ice off from the rest of the medical wing. She tried to protest against it, however, he quickly shot her down. "she is not in control of her powers and will lash out at anyone when she wakes" was what he said. She had to admit that would be plenty of reason to isolate her from the others, but she didn't think it fair. at least give the woman a chance.

Artimis was currently sitting up in her bed wrapped up in blankets and eating some hot soup. The group had gone out to explore the town. Bella had finally given them the go-ahead. apparently, she had to clear up some things before she could let them leave the castle.

Artimis looked around the medical wing hearing something moving around. She looked over at where Ice's bed was at. there were see-through walls around her area. She was surprised to see Ice standing in front of the wall and staring at her.

Artimis felt a jolt of excitement rush through her as she started to get up, however, she stopped as she felt a pull. she looked over and saw that she was still hooked to an IV. She sighed a bit and sat back down looking over at Ice with a look of longing.

Ice's face was blank as she stared at Artimis. there was no one else in the room. She clearly wanted answers, but there was nothing that Artimis could do halfway across the room.

Artimis's head snapped in the other direction quickly hearing the door open. She saw Scorpius walk in and quickly buried her self in the covers. He passed by her and walked up to Ice. Ice watched him with a glare on her face. She clearly recognized him.

"Scorpius" she growled out in anger.

"Ice, it's nice to see you too," he said with a nod of the head.

"Nice?! You put me in isolation!" Ice snapped.

"Not because I wanted to," Scorpius said snapping back at her. He placed a closed fist on the clear wall that kept the two separated. "Damn it Ice, for once can you just stop being difficult and listen!" He growled.

"Oh, like you did when I tried telling you what happened!" Ice asked coldly crossing her arms in anger. "Who's the girl?" She asked looking over at Artimis's bed

Scorpius turned and looked over at the bed. "Artimis. She is Marie's daughter. She has the same problem you do" he said turning back to Ice. "She possesses Ice magic, that Ice dragon Artica, is her dragon," Scorpius explained.

"A dragon slayer?" Ice asked surprised as she stared at the bed watching as Artimis peaked her head out from under her pile of blankets.

"From what I gather anyway, but her ice magic has caused some nasty side effects that you are all too familiar with" Scorpius explained.

Ice's hands came up to her stomach almost instinctively. "I'm very aware," she said coldly as her hands tightened into fists.

"She is the one who released me?" Ice asked. Scorpius gave a nod in answer.

"The gods would not listen, she took matters into her own hands and thawed you out," Scorpius replied. "Bella took care of the aftermath" he explained. "Bella is Tom's daughter" he added seeing Ice's look of confusion.

The ice gave a look of understanding as she stepped back and sat down on her bed thoughtfully as her arms crossed in front of her.

"Well then, I had best not keep her wait," Ice said calmly looking up at him expectantly.