Chapter 30: Calling Out

{Aizawa's POV}

I get back to the school and watch the blinking dot nearly all night. A few times it moves abruptly to the left or right. Probably him falling out of the tree again.

"Whatcha doing?" Yamada rolls his chair over to my desk, leaning back so far it nearly tips, he flails for a little bit trying to regain his balance. I reach over without even turning and level the chair. "Uh, thanks!" He says and I roll my eyes, staring at the phone. Waiting for... something.

I was hoping maybe he'd go back to the base so we can find his partners in crime. Hopefully, the letter was right and that they'll help us with Midoryia. I have a feeling that won't happen though.

"Yamada," I say, catching his attention, "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure! Whatcha need?" He says, excited.

"I need you to send out a message on your radio station." I take out a piece of paper and a pen, I jot down what I need, and hand it to him. He looks over it and nods.

"Alright, no problem. Is this for those kids that know Midoryia?"

I nod and he shoves off and rolls back over to his desk.

The following night, I begrudgingly listen in too Mic's radio to make sure he does what I asked.

"HELLO!!!!" He shouts, it scares me and I hurry to turn it down. "WELCOME BACK TOOOOOO 'PUT YOUR HANDS UP RADIOOOOO!!!!!'"

"Jesus..." I whisper.

"BEFORE WE START OUR USUAL FRIDAY NIGHT NONSTOP PROGRAMMING, I HAVE A SMALL ANNOUNCEMENT TOO MAKE!"

Oh thank god he's doing it in the beginning. I won't have to listen to it alll night then.

"THIS IS ONLY FOR A SELECT FEW, SO IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW." A guitar riff sounds in the background, "Y, K, Z, PLEASE REPORT TO UA THE FIRST CHANCE YOU GET, YOU'VE WON THE CHANCE TOO MEET A FEW NOTABLE UA HEROES, A FRIEND WROTE IN FOR YOU!!!! YOU'LL BE PARDONED FOR ALL YOUR MUSIC CRIMES!!!" A comical sound effect goes off before he continues, "YOUR FRIEND WOULD BE ENVIOUS!!! PLEASE CONTACT THE SHOW, PROFESSOR AIZAWA, OR SIMPLY SHOW UP TO UA WITHIN A WEEK!"

He edited it so it sounded more natural and 'in character' for him and his show. I told him to repeat it a few times that night just in case, I just needed to make sure it made sense.

Hopefully, they'd hear it and be able to decipher it in between the guitar riffs, air horns, and screams. 

I send him a text, thanking him and reminding him to say it a few times that night. I turn off the radio and the silence sounds louder than Yamada.

{Yiri's POV}

I listen to the radio hoping to distract myself and maybe to find some information. And, I've always listened to Present Mic's radio, which I could never let any other villain know that I genuinely like hearing about heroes.

Then I hear Mic yell the weird announcement and I know for a fact it's referring to the letter Kozo gave to them. I get up and run to wake up the other two who drowsily stumble out of their rooms.

"Guys, we gotta go to UA tomorrow!" I explain to them what I heard and we all listen as the message replays later on in the night, we agree that we need to go. But we decide to be on guard. We contact Kurogiri separate from The League because we know he'll help us as long as the others don't know. Besides we just need him for an emergency escape route.

Early that next morning we pack up and walk to the school not too far from where we were. We arrive at the gate and a guard stops us.

"We're here to talk to Aizawa, he knows we're here," Kozo explains but the guard doesn't believe him. Aizawa is called to the gate to confirm so we have to wait.