Chapter 40: Sentimental

{Bakugo's POV}

"He's right!" Midoryia spits out. My body goes rigid and my blood runs cold.

"What..?" I ask.

"I-I mean, he's right about... me complaining all the time. I... do miss all of you."

A breath of relief escapes my body and I can't help but laugh just a little. But Midoryia doesn't seem as amused. I can tell he's hiding something.

"There's something else isn't there?" He doesn't respond, "Midoryia, you aren't saying everything are you?"

"Of course I am," he says quietly.

"No, you aren't." Midoryia fidgets as he stares at his hands. I wait until he looks me in the eyes and his face pales.

"I'm not lying. He had so much more control than he's letting on. He controlled my every thought and it caused me to do things. I wasn't really thinking by myself. Anytime I'd try and warn people he'd take over momentarily and force it down."

I know he isn't telling the whole truth but I decide to drop it. I pull out my phone and press the screen against the glass as I fidget with my bandages.

{Midoriya's POV}

Kacchan shows me an article.

The Notorious Deku Update!

The 18-year-old villain is safe behind bars, and scientists search for a cure for the apparent drug causing the ex-hero in training to take such moves. According to police Deku, or Midoryia, is doing very well and is even encouraging interviews.

 Sources tell us that his attitude is overall positive. Although he displays signs of depression and is very mournful over his actions, many sincerely hope he is rehabilitated into society. People previously close to Midoryia have refused to speak with interviewers.

Investigations have been underway since the criminal's capture and so far it's been working out in his favor. Evidence shows that becoming a villain was never his choice.

Kacchan pulls the phone back before I can finish.

"People are rooting for you surprisingly. I can't believe what the public has come too," He massages his temples as he shakes his head.

"Your point?"I ask a little aggravated. Deku always leaves a little bit of his attitude behind so now I have to make sure I don't make Kacchan angry. 

"My point is," He glares, "You got to keep everything in check. As well as telling everyone the truth now while they're still on your side. Zikashi is coming in tomorrow if they'll let her. You have some real apologizing to do, she's angry." 

He gets up hastily and heads for the door. 

"Hey, Kacchan?" I say right before he steps out, he looks over his shoulder. "Thanks, a lot." He leaves and the door slams behind him.

{Bakugo's POV}

I storm out of the prison and rush back to my dorm. The bus ride feels ridiculously long and the walk up to the dorms feels like miles. I fidget the entire time with the bandages wrapped tightly on my arms.

I run up to my room and slam the door behind me, I slide to the floor with my back pressed to the door and start to cry. I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't stop the tears.