Chapter 41: Settling

{Midoryia's POV} 

Zashi comes in the next day and I immediately leap into apologies. She limps.

"I am so sorry! I know I absolutely screwed up and I didn't mean to hurt you and I understand if you hate me-"

"Shut up for a second." She says, exasperated.

"Sorry."

"I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and not berate you for what you did to me. But I want to let you know that I can't forgive you that easily, I know for a fact that you could have done more to stop it. I understand you were in a difficult situation, but you could have done more." I sigh and nod.

"You're right," I agreed. She just stands there, maybe sitting down hurts because of her legs.

"Thank you. Now, have the officers told you about the next steps?"

"Not really."

"Well, they've found something that could work as a cure, or they're very close to finding the cure. So their not letting anyone else come in and see you while they try that out. So Kozo and Yiri wanted to let me tell you that they wanted to come in but they couldn't. They forgave you that easily, but you're gonna have to do a little more to get my respect back."

She's being stricter than Kacchan, I nod.

"I understand."

"Good. Now, a problem is, The League is considering you a member."

My face pales and I start to shake uncontrollably, I shake my head side to side over and over.

"W-what? No, I'm."

This is our chance!!

"I know, it's my fault. I went to them to try and stop you from destroying the city. I was going to cut us off from them anyway but I wanted your input."

My eyes dart to the cameras, they have to have audio... right?  She notices and shakes her head.

"Don't worry, I've checked they don't have microphones." 

I raise an eyebrow, how could she know? I decide not to question it.

"I don't want to deal with them at all once I'm out, in a positive or negative way. Tell them I'll talk to them when I'm out. You three do what you need but don't mention me or my motives."

She seems confused but nods.

"Got it. Miss ya, boss." She smiles and walks out of the room.

I don't know what I was thinking. I should've just told her to tell them I want nothing to do with The League and any of the members. Which I guess is the truth.

But if I try and return to my life and I'm on bad terms with them, they'll never leave me alone. So I'd rather just deal with it myself.

A few hours later a scientist comes in and unlocks a small flap in the glass, to which he hands me a notebook, pen, and a capful of a thick pink liquid. 

He explains to me that it should help merge Deku, Old Midoryia and I together. I'm worried as to how we'll actually blend together. I don't know if it'll be equal parts of all three of us, or if it'll mostly just be one person, but I hastily drink it.

The notepad is for me to take notes on my symptoms, but for now, I just doodle on the sides for lack of anything else.

A headache starts up, and I begin to feel so heavy and tired, I try and write this down on the notepad but my vision fades in and out, I try and drag the pen across the paper but it's just so heavy. It falls from my grip as I sit down on the floor and I pass out.