{81}✔️

A/N: The date is a little fucked up because of my previous mistake, but the only one it's really noticeable to is me because I insist on obsessing over it. 🙄 It's fine.

**Two weeks later**
**Tuesday, February 6th**

Dahlia's POV
************

"In exactly one week from today, your projects are due. I hope you've got most of it done by now. If you're falling behind, you need to let me know right now so I can try to help you. I'm not taking any crappy excuses next week when it's time to turn it in, and I've decided I won't be taking them more than a day late. Get it in on time or at least the day after it's due, or get a zero!"

I sighed as I watched Mrs. East walk back to her desk and take a seat. I was so damn excited for this project when we first got it, and now I feel stupid for ever being happy about it. We're not even halfway done with it. I haven't had the energy to work on it and every time I ask Billie if she got anything done, she just says 'Sure' which means absolutely not.

I was totally ready to just accept my fate and stay after school doing extra credit for god knows how long after getting a shit grade on this shit project, but Billie—As always—shocked me.

"Can I come over to your house and work on this after school?" She whispered. It took me a couple of moments to respond. Part of me thought she wasn't even talking to me. I mean, we hadn't said more than a few sentences to each other in the last two weeks, and when we did talk we certainly weren't asking to come over to each other's houses.

I looked over at her and she bit her lip, trying to hide a small smile. Probably because of the dumb look on my face. "Yeah. Yeah!" I nodded, biting my own lip to keep myself from saying anything stupid.

"Yeah?" She raised her brows.

"Yeah." I nodded again, clearing my throat as I turned to look at my blank laptop screen instead of at her. I pretended to be busy working, but I'm pretty sure she'd seen me turn my laptop off five minutes ago.

The bell rang fifteen minutes later. The longest fifteen fucking minutes of my life. I flew out of the room once again, as I'd been doing every day for the past few weeks.

Taco Tuesday. I'm supposed to be dieting, but...It's Taco Tuesday. I fixed myself a plate almost as big as Caden's.

While I was going through the lunch line, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and furrowed my brows as I saw Julia standing there. We literally never talk at school, especially not since what happened between her and Denver.

"Um, hi!" I sent her a small smile before stepping to the side to get out of everyone's way.

"Hey. I deleted Denver's number and I'm pretty sure he blocked me on Instagram, so, I was wondering if you could tell him I need to talk to him. I wanna come over today after school—"

"Ugh, Julia, is that really a good idea? I mean, I'm sorry, but I don't think he wants to get back together with you. You know, with him being gay and all..." I mumbled.

"I don't wanna get back together with him," She shook her head quickly. "But I do need to talk to him...Please?"

"Yeah, I'll tell him." I nodded. She thank'd me before walking away and I did the same, heading to my table.