{106}✔️

Dahlia's POV
************

I rushed to find something nice to wear, wanting to make a nice first impression on Denny's friend, and mentally cursed him as I did. This is fucking deja vu. This is what happened when I first met Billie. That asshole invited her over and left me with barely any time to make myself look decent! At least I'm not trying to get with this girl, but still!

I finally found a nice outfit and threw it on as quickly as I could.

After I got it on, I looked into my mirror and began trying to fix my messy hair

After I got it on, I looked into my mirror and began trying to fix my messy hair. I hadn't taken my makeup for the day off yet, thankfully, so I didn't have to worry about that.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs after I was dressed, just in time to hear the doorbell ring. I walked over to the door and let out a small sigh, realizing just how not in the mood I was to have someone over. At least it's just one of Denny's friends and I don't have to worry about entertaining them. I hope it's not one of those dumb jocks he insists on hanging out with. He usually doesn't invite them over to the house, though, so it's probably not.

I opened the door and my bored facial expression immediately changed to a confused one. "Hey, it's you!" I laughed as I pointed at the girl from earlier.

She smirked, leaning against the doorframe and shoving her hands into her pockets. She hadn't changed out of the outfit she was wearing at school, and I made a mental note to ask her where she got those pants from because they're absolutely fire! "It is me." She stated cooly.

"Come on in," I opened the door wider and stepped to the side and she did. "I didn't catch your name earlier, by the way."

"It's Kit." She smiled.

"Kit. So, you're a friend of my brother's? That happened pretty fast."

"Yeah, I didn't know he went to this school. We've been working together at the music lounge for a while now."

"Cool," I shoved my own hands into my pockets as I stood there awkwardly. "Um...So, did you ever get to talk to Julia?"

Julia had asked me to give Kit her number, eager to figure out who she was and whether or not she could live with her.

She nodded and smiled largely. "Been talking all day. Trying to get to know each other and everything, and I've got an interview with her tomorrow after school. She's gonna show me the house and everything and ask me a bunch of questions." She shrugged a little.