Chapter 1: Threatened peace

"That was really close, Marinette! You must be careful!" 

A bright pink light flashed in the room and soon disappeared. The superhero of Paris, Ladybug was no longer standing there, but the ordinary girl Marinette Dupain Cheng. Tikki sighed to the tiresome on the girl's face, flew to get herself some cookie for recharge.

Marinette sighed and threw herself to the bed. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the clock, sighed frustratingly and hid her face into the pillow.

"Great, I only have around 4 hours to sleep. I don't want to be late for school again." 

Marinette groaned and covered her head with her pillow, she felt her headache was getting more serious from lack of proper sleep these days. The pressure of being Ladybug and a normal student was crushing her. She felt the balance between the duty as a superhero and student was beginning to collapse.

Tikki must had sensed her anxiety and tiresome from her tone, she didn't say anything and patted her head softly. She pulled the blanket on Marinette and rested beside her pillow.

"You worked really hard, Marinette. Good night." 

The young girl smiled to the kwami's gentleness and understanding. She yawned and fell into peaceful sleep immediately, tried to get more rest before another day of school.

Next morning, 8:30---

"Ahh, where is that girl again?!" 

Alya looked at her phone and pressed the calling button for the third time. She tried to call Marinette but she didn't answer her call. She knew the girl was overslept again, and no doubt, she will be late, again.

"Good morning Alya. Is everything alright?" 

A cheerful voice rang behind the future journalist. Alya put her phone into her pocket and turned to see Nino and Adrien waving at her. She smiled and waved back, stood up from the stairs and walked to them.

"Hey guys. Just try to give a morning call to Marinette but I guess she switches off her phone." She rolled her eyes and sighed helplessly.

Marinette had asked her to give her a morning call everyday but it never worked. The morning call has lost its meaning.

Nino crossed his arms behind his head. "She always late for school. How many time already by the way?" 

"Around 13 times." Alya said in a flat tone. The boys looked at her with surprise, the latter nodded firmly to them, telling she was not lying about this.

"Wow, 13 times in this year! No doubt that girl will break the record of our school late attendance." Nino whistled and said in a shocked tone.

"Correctly, it's 13 times this Month." Alya crossed her arms and corrected her boyfriend's statement and enjoyed the shocked expression on their faces.

Damn, it really feels good to see someone's shocked face.  Alya grinned to herself.

At that moment, the school bell rang and it was time for them to start their lesson. Alya sighed in defeat and grabbed her bag, followed the boys and rushed into the classroom right before Ms. Bustier. Alya sat on her seat, watching Ms. Bustier taking the attendance. Once again, when she saw Marinette's seat was empty, she sighed and muttered something like "not again."

Alya chuckled quietly to the teacher's reaction, shook her head and placed her chin on the back of her hand.

How long that girl does needs to take to come to school this time?

---------------

Tikki flew to the computer and switched it on with her sleepy eyes, turned to the news channel. This is her daily routine. Every morning she would switch on the computer to the news channel, searching for any signs of akuma, if not, then Marinette could go to school.