Chapter 16: Summer is coming

Adrien sighed to the unpreventable heat got into the classroom through the little gap of the door from the outside. Even they turned on air-condition, this year's summer surely was too hot, too hot that he could barely focus to the class.

Nino who sat next to him had fallen asleep due to the hot temperature, sweating in his sleep. Alya put her chin on the back of her hand, head dropping and sweat rolling down from her forehead to chin. She sighed and began to lose her concentration to the lesson.

For the rest of his classmates, basically everyone was the same. All panting heavily to the heat or sweating insanely to the sultry air.

The model wiped off his sweat and threw a glance to the empty seat behind him, felt the emptiness of remembering that one of his best friends was not here anymore. It's been 2 years already but there was no sign of Marinette or Ladybug.

Although the number of akuma attack in these years had greatly decreased, the last attack was a year ago already. Paris seemed safe and no longer under the threat of Hawk Moth, but it didn't mean Ladybug could just disappear forever. Especially she just left without any reason and left everyone in fear when they needed her the most.

When he knew she had disappeared, he felt....empty...and betrayed.

As Adrien Agreste, his favorite superhero and the girl he was crazy in love with had disappeared, he felt the light of his world had lost, his world was no longer stable and perfect. He couldn't focus on his photo-shoot and he even made several serious mistakes during work.

His father was not happy with his unprofessional performance and he was banned to school for weeks until he convinced his father to let him returned to school. He was so afraid that his father would never let him go to school anymore, and he knew his father really loved to do that.

AsChat Noir, his favorite lady and partner left him alone without telling him whyshe had to leave, made him felt betrayed and furious. When he wanted to ask herwhy she kissed him that night, next day when he went to their usual patrolplace, she was nowhere to be found.

He called her many time and seriously when she didn't pick up, he thought she was in danger. The thought of her being attack or even worse, captured by Hawk Moth, made his blood frizzed. He spent nights searching for her but no sigh of her at all.

He spent countless night thinking the reason for Ladybug's disappearance. Although Plagg told him Ladybug won't just disappeared without reason, he knew Ladybug's kwami was very sensible and she won't let Ladybug got into danger, he just couldn't stop worrying.

Why she didn't tell Chat before she left? Aren't they partner?

And Marinette.

She was another question that had bothered him for years, too. She was a good and kind girl, he knew she won't just disappeared without a reason. Not to mentioned she was disappeared in her room without being seen. The thought of her being kidnapped sent chill to his bones, who would kidnap such lovely girl?

Besides, she was his first friend, one of the first friends he made at the first day to school. Although he and Chloe had known each other since toddlers, but Marinette was different. He never understood why she always acted so nervous around him.

He wondered did she still mad at him for the gum incident but sometimes they could get well along, so he didn't take this was the major reason. He had so many things he wanted to know about Marinette, so many things wanted to ask her.

And about the reality show with Jagged Stone, he really wanted to know why there were so many pictures of him on her bedroom's walls? There was an answer inside his heart already but he wanted not to believe it. He really afraid this would ruin their friendship, not to mention he had no experience on these thing before.