Epilogue

Time flew, Christmas was coming and the street was decorating with many Christmas elements decoration. Everyone on the street was discussing the preparation for Christmas and their faces were covered with joy and expectation for the great festival.

This day, another peaceful joyful day in Paris. Everyone went to work or school, everything according to the plan, just another usual day like yesterday.

There were endless customers in Tom & Sabina Boulangerie Patisserie, orders came after one by one for the Christmas celebration. Although the couple had experience with this situation since the past, still the orders in every the time of the year always shocked them.

"Have a nice day!" Tom smiled to the last customer in the morning, waved them goodbye.

Sabine put a tray of freshly baked cookies on the table and sighed, smiled tiredly. "What an exhausting day, dear."

"It's just the beginning darling. Don't forget the promotion for the Christmas cake this year." Tom chuckled and kissed his wife's forehead.

"No many how many time, I'm still amazed by the amount of customers every Christmas." Sabine smiled helplessly.

Tom shrugged and took away a few empty trays. "Everyone want to have a wonderful Christmas after all. I'm satisfied with the smile on their faces."

Sabine smiled quietly to her husband's answer, knew what a kind person Tom Dupain was. She took the broom and wiped the dust on the floor, humming a Christmas song along with the gentle music rang in the shop currently.

The couple worked perfectly in the shop with each other's help as usual, taking orders from their customers continuously until the night arrived. After they tidied up the shop and returned to the apartment upstairs the shop and preparing their dinner, a loud knock on the door interrupted the couple.

The two turned their heads to the door and wondered who would visit them at such hour. Tom went to open the door hesitantly, next widened his eyes to the unexpected guest outside their home.

"Darling? Who is it?" Sabine asked curiously when she noticed the unusual expression of Tom, went to the door and next shared the same reaction with her husband.

Outside the door, there was Ladybug standing in front of the couple and looked at them with an apologetic expression.

"Evening. Sorry for disturbing. May I have a word with you two?"

Sabine was the first snapped back from shock and welcomed Ladybug into their home. Although the couple was confused and shocked by the sudden visit of a long lost hero of the city, they still prepared some hot drink for Ladybug and led her to the living room.

Tom finally got his usual calmness back and looked at Ladybug surprisingly. "Ladybug! Where have you been all these years?"

"Everyone thought you are...dead." Sabina stuttered hesitantly, afraid she might offend the superhero.

Ladybug shook her head and smiled. "I understand everyone's worry. I have some, situation happened in the last few years."

"But that's not the reason I pay my visit today. I have something important to inform you two."

Tom and Sabine watched Ladybug put on a serious expression, held their breath and prepared themselves for whatever information the superhero was ready to share.

"It's about your daughter, Marinette."

The father and mother both felt their heartbeats paused for few seconds when they heard their beloved daughter's name came out from the superhero's lip. Their brains couldn't process what the superhero just said properly and froze at their seats, eyes blinked blankly.