Diego Auditore

The bright flashlight from the camera, director's instruction, noisy crowds, the strong scent of perfume, the soft body which leaning closer to him, the seductive smile of the model in his arms.

Things that normally felt normal, all felt odd today.

Diego needed to conceal the urge to push away the woman in his arm and jumped into his car and drove straight back home. Everything sort of irritated him today, his usual patience seem disappeared today.

This was the last job that day, he just needed to bear with it a bit longer. That's what Diego kept telling himself in mind.

He kept that forced smile on his face, tolerated the uncomfortable feeling of the female model moving in his arms and the strong scent of her perfume while listening to the director's instruction and ignored the flirting of the model.

When the director finally announced the photo shoot was done, Diego released a concealed sigh and immediately excused himself, headed back to the dressing room quickly before the model approached him.

He changed his clothes back and quietly but quickly headed to the car park, turned on the engine and headed straight back home. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the late night breeze and silence, finally able to remove the mask he was wearing for work.

Once he returned the mansion, Marcus the butler kindly suggested to prepare supper for him but he refused this tempting offer. Somehow, he didn't have the appetite for supper tonight.

Diego went to his room and headed straight to the bathroom. He took off his clothes and jumped into the bathtub, sighed in content to the warm water covered his body. Every inch of sore muscle and tired body slowly relaxed.

Staring at his reflection on the water surface, Diego's mind floated back to the time when Marinette was still staying in the mansion with them. There were nights when he finished his job very lately and Marinette would be waiting for him with her homemade supper.

That was the time he enjoyed the most after a day of work, handling with different people and jobs.

Diego smiled to the memory and felt the familiar comfortable warmth in his heart, the warmth only appeared every time he remembered Marinette. For him, Marinette was his peacefulness, his warmth and sanctuary. Only when he was with her, he could be himself for a moment without second thought.

He reached to his phone placed on the chair and checked the message. The last time he contacted Marinette was nearly two weeks ago.

In the past, whenever he felt he missed Marinette, he would immediately go to her and solved his lack-of-Marinette. However, based on his last conversation with Marinette, the girl was very busy these days that she really didn't have much time for rest.

Since he has continuous works and Marinette was working on the preparation of her high school graduation, they really didn't have much time and chances to chat properly.

Of course, there were times that he really missed Marinette and almost wanted to take the quickest plane to Paris, embraced the young lady into his arms tightly. But every time he had such idea, he would full up his schedule until he didn't have time to think about her anymore.

He understood, Marinette won't stay with them in London forever. Paris was where she belonged and she should belong to Paris.

Her family and friends were all in Paris, so as her justice partner Chat Noir. She wasn't only the famous Marianna, she was also Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Superhero Ladybug.

Therefore when Marinette decided to return to Paris, Diego and the others didn't stop her and respected her decision. Even though their hearts were in pain, the desire to keep the young lady with them was irresistible, they still bear with the loneliness and sadness.