Chapter 20: Unexpected reunion

Marinette lied on her soft King-size bed, staring at the ceiling for almost half an hour since the dinner. Tikki flew to the top of her, looked at her worriedly.

"Are you alright, Marinette?"

She flew closer to her face, eyes filled with concern. Marinette rubbed kwami's head gently, eyes still on the ceiling. She sighed and turned her eyes to Tikki, smiling bitterly.

"You know all the time?"

Tikki sighed and smiled bitterly, decided to give share some memory of the past with her current holder. She didn't want to make the girl felt separated by them anymore.

"My previous holder, she was head over heels for Felix.'

Tikki flew up and looked at Marinette with a small smile.

"Just like you to Adrien." She teased.

Marinette chuckled lightly with blush, sat up and cupped her partner in her hands gently.

"Seriously I can't believe Felix is Adrien's brother, or correctly step brother. It's unbelievable."

The bluenette sighed and ruffled her hair frustratingly. Tikki put her little hand on the girl's fingers, smiling comfortingly.

"Everything will be fine, Marinette. I will be by your side."

Tikki smiled and flew to nuzzle her holder's cheek affectionately. The latter smiled back and rubbed her cheek back.

"I'm glad to have you by my side, Tikki." Marinette whispered.

Tikki grinned and flew up, crossing her arms. "Alright, let's move to the next topic. What are you going to do tomorrow? They are coming."

Marinette groaned and hid her face in the pillow. This wise kwami always got a way to destroy her happiness and peace at that moment in some way.

"You know you can't hide forever from them, right?"

Tikki flew to the pillow and frowned. Muffled protest could be heard from the pillow. Marinette raised her head from the pillow and looked at the floating kwami.

"What do you think if I buy the ticket to New York and stay with Elias until Alya they leave?" Marinette said hesitantly.

"No." Tikki frowned.

"How about I stay in Barbara's place until they are gone?" Marinette sat up and hugged the pillow tightly to her chest.

"No." Tikki deadpanned.

"Lock myself up in the closet?" The young lady gave out another option.

"Marinette." Tikki sighed and shook her hand.

"How about I go to Italy and visit Diego's family? He always want to bring me back for once."

Marinette said while she moved to her closet and took out her suitcase. Tikki flew to her face and frowned.

"Marinette."

Tikki warned and looked at the girl deadly serious. Marinette groaned and threw herself back to the bed, covered her face with the pillow.

"Tikki! Just let me go!"

Marinette peeked at the red kwami behind her pillow, cried. Tikki shook her head and landed on the edge of the pillow.

"You can't run away just like that. You must face this bravely." 

"It's so sudden! I don't even know how to look at them!" Marinette cried and moaned painfully.