Chapter 5: Auction

After that night, it had already been a week. Although Felix and Marinette still kept their distance to each other, their relationship was improving slowly. When Marinette asked him question, Felix would answer her patiently. Before he left the house, he would tell her where he was going and when will he come back.

Felix might looked cool and arrogant, but Marinette could see his kindness and warmth beneath his ice mask. Marcus told her Felix was home-schooled and he really didn't have much chances to have social interaction with people except his family. Marcus even showed her some photo of Felix when he was still a toddler secretly.

Although Marinette was still confused by Felix's reaction last time, at least she knew he was not a bad person. He just didn't know how to interact with people well and she would help him.

Another peaceful and quiet morning, Marinette sat on the couch, drawing on her sketchbook while Felix sat in front her, reading. She finished her drawing and realized there was only few pages left of her sketchbook. 

Ever since she been here, she spent most of time drawing and designing. She decided to buy a new sketchbook if she was in town.

Suddenly, she spotted a magazine hidden under the coffee table. She raised her brow. She wondered who would read such magazine in this house. Felix and Marcus didn't look like the type of person loved reading such thing. Felix widened his eyes when he saw her holding the magazine.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng, put that down!"

Too late, she had already took the magazine and saw the cover of it. She dropped her jaw and her eyes widened in disbelief and surprise.

(Please ignore the words, I just want to show you guys what Felix looks like. His image inside my mind is the one in the photo.)

She looked at the cover closely and then turned to Felix who was avoiding to have eye contact with her

She looked at the cover closely and then turned to Felix who was avoiding to have eye contact with her. She could see the tip of his ears blushed. She could not stop herself and laughed loudly.

Felix groaned in frustration and snatched the magazine from the laughing girl.

"I can't believe that! You are a model?" Marinette squealed with a big grin on her face.

Felix face palmed and yelled Marcus's name. Marcus came in quickly and the magazine was stuffed into his arms roughly.

"Throw it away, now." Felix said in a flat voice, still not removing his palm from his face.

Marcus looked at Marinette who was laughing and rolling on the couch, smiled a little and nodded. Tikki who sat on the top of the bookshelf all the time, chuckled and flew to her holder.

"Marinette, calm down."

She poked the girl's cheek but Marinette just could not stop and even laughed louder. Felix sighed and removed his hand, looked at the girl with a tired expression.