Chapter 6: Changes

After the day Felix brought Marinette with him to the auction, he asked her to stay in the mansion for several days and left the mansion. It had already been 4 days and still no sign of him.

Marcus watched the workers dusted the chandelier while threw some glances on Marinette who sat on the couch, looked at outside with sadness in her eyes. He believed there must be something happened on that day but Marcus knew he shouldn't ask them. 

He asked Will about this and he told the butler that it seemed like Marinette was assaulted by paparazzi, especially the infamous Mr. Hasting.

Although the butler never said it out loud, in fact he really liked Marinette. She was a very cheerful and kind girl. Sometime she would ask for helping in the mansion or shared her life in Paris with him. Thanked to her, the mansion seemed had brightened a lot than before.

Nowadays paparazzi has no respect to the others! How could paparazzi do that to such a lovely and young girl? Marcus frowned deeply to the paparazzi's action, totally unacceptable.

"Miss Marinette, what do you want for lunch? Spaghetti? Or pasta?"

Marinette just waved her hand, signaled Marcus to leave. The old butler sighed and went back to the kitchen, began the preparation of lunch.

At the same time, someone rang the doorbell. Marinette went to open the door before Marcus. She opened the door and watched Felix came in with tired eyes.

"Felix! Where have you been?"

Felix just waved his hand and went to the living room. Marcus looked at his master's exhausted face, he went to make some vanilla tea and got some cookie.

When he returned to the living room, he handed Felix the tea and earned a thankful glance. Marinette grabbed a cookie and put it into her satchel for Tikki. There was nothing to be afraid when Marcus knew the existence of kwami, Tikki could come out freely when there was only three of them.

"Just dealing with paparazzi. Now we can have some peace again." Felix said in exhaustion, rubbed his temple tiredly.

From the deep bags under Felix's eyes, Marcus guessed his master must had a very difficult time with the paparazzi. Paparazzi never let their eyes off from their prey.

After Marcus left the living room, Marinette turned to Felix and sat beside him. She had bunch of question needed answers from him.

"What happened?" She looked at him sternly, asked.

"Just spend some time to deal with the media. No big deal." He said with a shrug, not planning to say a word about the paparazzi to her.

Marinette wasn't satisfied with his attitude and frowned deeply.

"No big deal? You left home for 4 days without a word!"

"Is my fault, right? That man." She asked worriedly and guiltily, she knew from heart that it was part of her responsibility for letting the paparazzi disturbed Felix's life.

Felix sighed and crossed his legs, leaned his head on the cushion.

"He is no big deal. I finish him within a second. The problem is my client keeps on asking me about the *mysterious girlfriend*. It's really annoying.* He frowned and shook his head slightly to the memory.

The tiresome and annoyance were very obvious in his voice. Marinette looked at him unbelievably and cackled unexpectedly.

"It's serious. You have no idea how annoying those women can be." Felix shook his head and rubbed his temple. He remembered something important and looked at Marinette seriously.