JON I

He could hear her weeping from the other side of the door as he smashed his fist into the wall in frustration.

"FUCK!" He screamed. He felt so angry — so betrayed — he didn't even know what to do. He thought back to his conversation with Sansa when she left the room: "You're the heir to the throne, Jon. You need to take it. Imagine having a northerner on the throne; nothing could be better. We could be free," she said to him. The entire situation just made him feel dirty, for he already bent the knee to Dany. And I would never want to take her crown away from her.

He meant what he said when he explained he never wanted the crown. He never had any interest in ruling; he always enjoyed being the man in the shadows. But that seems impossible now.

Jon stared at the stone wall trying to figure out what to do. He knew he couldn't knock on the door again to talk to her — not after what he just said. Besides, his temper was still flaring, and he needed to calm down before confronting her again.

Sam. I need to talk to Sam.

Jon made his way through the castle until he found his old friend sitting with Gilly and little Sam. He barged in unannounced — he was so caught up in his emotions he didn't care.

Breathing heavily, he asked, "Sam, can I talk to you quickly?" He looked at his friend with pleading eyes. He really needed him right now. Jon gave Gilly a weak smile as he watched her pick up little Sam.

"It's time for little Sam's bath," Gilly said, gesturing Sam to go with Jon.

"Are you sure? I can—" Sam started to his wife, but Jon cut him off.

"Sam, please," he begged. Sam took one last look back at Gilly before nodding and standing up to leave with Jon. They went down the corridor until they found an empty room.

"What do you need to talk about?" Sam asked to start the conversation.

"It's Daenerys — after she revealed by parentage back there, I just got so angry. I followed her to her chamber, and an argument began, and I—"

"Said some things you didn't mean?"

Jon looked down. "Yes."

"Well, what did you say?"

"I said she was as mad as her father," Jon confessed. Even thinking about it broke his heart. Sam's eyes widened.

"Oh, well — uh — first I would recommend you not say that anymore. When Gilly and I argue, we always talk to each other, not scream."

"I know," he said as he took a deep breath. "But I hurt her Sam, I don't know what to do."

"Well, I don't really blame her. That was a horrible thing to say," Sam admitted.

Jon glared.

"—But," Sam continued slowly, "I would try to start with an apology. Have you talked to her since?"

"No, she told me goodnight and closed the door. I could hear her sobbing on the other side."

"Right, well, I would try that first. You need to let her know you're truly sorry."

"And if that doesn't work?"

"Well — um — we can worry about that next," Sam offered.

Jon groaned as he put his head in his hands. How could he let this happen? "I was just so angry," Jon confessed as tears filled his eyes.

"I know," Sam nodded.

Jon wiped his eyes quickly before standing up. "I guess I will try and find her." He looked for Sam's approval, which he gained through a head nod. "Thank you, Sam," he said as he embraced his friend.