DAENERYS XII

"This is fucking mad," Jon said in complete shock. They were standing in the cave facing the dragon skull and stone dragon eggs, admiring their beauty.

"I know," Dany agreed.

"How did nobody know? For all these years?"

Dany shook her head. "I don't know," she answered honestly. I asked the same question.

"I mean," Jon whispered with amazement as he walked over to the ancient dragon's skull. "Look at this skeleton. It's huge! Just like Drogon..."

Dany smiled at the mention of her child. "If we can raise this dragon too, we can definitely win the war."

Jon looked up at her in disbelief. "You're barking."

"I am not! Melisandre said we can raise them through the flames of the volcano, just like the first dragons."

"And you believe her?" Jon asked desperately as he turned towards her. "Dany, she burned a little girl at the stake because she thought her Lord told her to. She's completely mad. The Lord of Light is—"

"Jon, we've seen her magic work. Look what she did at Winterfell. We wouldn't have lasted two moments without her lighting the trenches!" Dany exclaimed. She grabbed Jon's hands as she looked at him with wide eyes. "And she brought you back into this world."

Jon shifted uncomfortably. He knows I'm right. "Alright, let's say she is right, and we can raise these stone eggs," he began. "She wants you to walk into an erupting volcano in the name of a Lord you don't believe in, so we can win the war?"

Dany nodded. "Yes. And I know I can do it. I'm unburnt... Fire cannot kill a dragon."

Jon slammed his hand down to his side in frustration. "I know you're unburnt, but what about our child? I'm not fireproof, so why would our child be? What happens if they burn alive in your stomach?"

Dany's heart sank. I never thought about that before.

Her sudden frown sparked him to motion in agreement. "See! You don't know either."

Dany stared down at the beautiful eggs in front of her. But if this is the only way... "If this is how we can win the war, and the only way, we need to do it," she said firmly.

Jon began to protest, but Dany shook her head.

"You realize if we don't defeat the dead there will be no world for our child to grow up in? We'll all be dead anyways!"

Confliction washed over Jon's face as Dany continued to stare at him; the fire from their torches dancing in his dark eyes.

"We owe it to our child to try."

Jon continued to stare down at the glowing eggs. After a few moments, he cleared his throat to signal he came to a decision. "We'll take them to the castle. We need to talk to Tyrion, Davos, Varys... this is a major decision. And it doesn't just concern you anymore, my love. How many moons are you now?" he asked as he carefully caressed her swollen stomach.

Dany blushed at his kind words. "Almost five moons now."

"Sevens hells."

Dany laughed. "Are you ready for it?"

"I honestly have no idea," Jon answered honestly.

"Well neither do I," she said as she looked up at him lovingly. "We'll figure it out together."

"And we have Tyrion if we mess up. And Sansa."

"And Missandei!" Dany added as they both laughed. She looked down at her growing stomach again as she held it in her hands. "You are already so loved... by all these people," she whispered to the child.

Jon smiled widely. "But no one will love you as much as your parents little girl."

Dany shot Jon a glare. "Little boy."

He shook his head as he measured her stomach with his hands. "Nope. Definitely a girl."

"Now you're the mad one. There's no way you can tell."

Jon smile grew larger. "I just know."

"Well, I just know it's a boy," she teased as she stepped into his arms.

Jon wrapped his arms around her neck. "We'll just have to wait and see."

They both stood there enjoying the bliss of the moment before Jon let go. Dany's heart sank when she lost his touch, but she turned around to see him pick up the dragon eggs.

"Come on," he suggested as he continued to bend down to gather the eggs. He handed some to Dany as he carried the other three. "We have a lot of explaining to do."

Dany smiled. "That we do."

Explaining a true miracle.

**

PS: Sorry this is so short, it was sort of a filler chapter. The next ones are filled with action!  I have also released a new story available now that rewrites season 7 called "The Winds of Winter." Check it out on my page! Also don't forget, for exclusive updates and more, follow my Instagram, targary_n :) I love you guys!