DAENERYS IX

The days passed blissfully as Jon and Dany both enjoyed their newly founded marriage. Dany always looked forward to waking in Jon's arms every morning after sleeping together all night. Sometimes in the middle of the night, she'd roll over in her sleep away from him as she curled herself up against the blankets and pillows. However, Jon always managed to wake up and wrap his arms around her to bring her close to him again. And although Dany pretended to be asleep, she smiled silently every time.

They spent the immediate days after their wedding alone together — whether that was in the gardens, their chambers, or just riding on their dragons and feeling the cool air on their skin. She noticed Jon wearing hints of red in his fur cloak to signify House Targaryen along with the House Stark sigil. Dany wanted to almost merge the sigils together since both Houses were of such power and honor, but she doubted anyone would agree to that. So, Dany incorporated some gray into her outfits as well to honor Jon's family he grew up with, as well as his mother, Lyanna.

She had Samwell check her pregnancy as her stomach has swollen increasingly, but Jon had yet to notice. Thank the gods. Dany decided she was going to tell him that day before someone accidentally said it.

I hope he'll be excited to be a father as much as I am to be a mother.

However, before she could sit down with her love one on one, they had to attend a meeting Tyrion called at the Chamber of the Painted Table to discuss various matters on the island. So around midday, Jon and Dany rolled out of bed from being completely wrapped up in each other and proceeded to get dressed. She beamed as she watched her husband, and when he finished, he aided her in zipping up the back of her dress. They laced their fingers together and walked out the door of their chamber towards their destination.

"I wonder what Tyrion has in mind," Jon wondered out loud.

Dany shrugged. "I honestly have no idea."

And that was the truth. If she was being honest, she hadn't cared about her Queen duties lately because she was so focused on being with Jon and enjoying their time together. Enjoying while it lasts.

They continued down the cold stone corridors as Jon moved his hand to her waist to pull her close to him. She rested her head on his shoulder as they continued to walk until they finally reached the meeting. They could hear voices echoing off the walls from down the hall as they exchanged glances. He wants this to be over quickly as much as I do.

Jon put on his best fake smile as they walked into the room to their advisors.

"Good morning to the newlyweds!" Tyrion said cheerfully as they all stood up at her and Jon's entrance.

She squeezed her new husband's hand as she sat at the head of Painted Table with Jon beside her.

"We have been married for over a week now, Lord Tyrion," Jon reminded him.

Tyrion chuckled. "Ah yes, but we have not seen much of you two lately. Therefore, celebrations are still in order."

He poured himself a glass a wine as Jon offered her some as well, but Dany refused. No wine for the baby.

"What do you have for us today, Lord Tyrion?" she said to distract everyone from her lack of drinking.

"Well, given the wedding has passed and winter has now come, I believe it is time to reconsider the amount of — guests — we have staying here."

"What do you suggest we do about this?"

"Well, we do have the ships they came on that could send them back—"