DAENERYS II

When Dany woke, she was in the comfort of her own bed with the covers tucked in around her. She opened her eyes to see the fireplace burning and a small plate of food set out for her to eat inevitably by Missandei. As she began to stretch her muscles, soreness filled them.

Ow.

Her head was throbbing from all the alcohol she had the night prior.

Last night.

All the memories started coming back to her. The drinking, her outburst about Jon, their fight, then their night on the cliff.

Jon.

She looked around in confusion. How did I get here? She combed through her memory, but the last thing she remembered was falling asleep on his chest as they watched the sunrise after their — encounter.

She remembered the pouring rain and how good he made her feel. Feelings of arousement spread through her body like waves as she reminisced. However, she remembered being covered in mud and completely naked with him outside. How did she get inside, completely clean in a silk slip?

Just as Dany furrowed her eyebrows again in confusion, the door opened, and Missandei was standing there.

"My Queen, you're awake," she said gently as she entered the room. "I brought you some food, but I see you already have some." She nodded to the plate sitting beside her head.

"O-Oh, yes, I guess I do." Who brought her the food?

"Well, I'll just leave you in peace—"

"Missandei, what happened last night?" Dany finally asked.

"Your Grace?" Missandei asked, obviously confused.

"How did I get here? Last night — I-I was outside. I was covered in mud. How did I end up here?"

"You don't remember, Your Grace?" Missandei asked curiously. "Well, you were asleep for most of it."

Dany stared at her to continue.

"Um, well it was very early in the morning and the boy, Jon Snow, came knocking on my door. He was covered in mud and looked a wreck. I asked him what I could do for him, and he brought me back here. He started a bath for you, but you were — in a very deep sleep. I helped clean you off before placing you here."

Dany sat back. Jon carried her inside? He got Missandei to help clean her? Her heart swelled at the thought. As hard as she tried to contain her feelings, a small smile escaped her lips. She looked up to Missandei as she asked, "And what of Jon?"

"Well, when I left, he was still here. He wanted to — watch over you — make sure you were okay," she confessed.

Dany's heart began to sink. Where was he now? Why did she wake up here all alone?

"—but it seems like he made you some breakfast," Missandei said enthusiastically as she could sense Dany's disappointed.

Dany gave a slight smile to her friend.

"What I did last night — what I did to him. At the table. Saying he was a Targaryen — that wasn't right," she started. All the guilt started hitting her at once as she closed her eyes to stop the tears from escaping.

Does he hate her? Is that why he left? Because once the alcohol wore off, he realized he didn't love her anymore?

"Your Grace — if I may — the way that man was looking at you last night. His eyes were — so filled with love. If you have any doubt—"